There are 172 users in the forums

I2013 is Philp Rivers an Option

Shop 49ers game tickets
Na
After that MNF debacle, I'm surprised they even let Rivers back into the stadium.
I think a change of scenery would be the best thing for Rivers IMO. I remember the guy from NC State and he is a baller. I do not care what anyone on here says. He does not have a RB to really help him out in the passing game. Ever since LT fell off his prime then you see Rivers play decline. If Alex did not have Gore all these years then there is no way in hell Alex is still on this team. Rivers (to me) is one guy in the game that would play for free in this league because of his love for football (I am not saying he would). What I like about him is he has fun on the field and you can see his love for the game but unfortunately he plays for the San Diego Chargers. When you have no defense or run game to support your passing game then you will struggle to win (See Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees). The only other guy with an exception is Tom Brady.
Tom Brady sits in a very good system, don't forget what "happened" when he was out for the season...And I think that Rodgers and Brees do indeed a very good job though their teams are/were bad at the most positions. However, Rivers is really worse then these two guys but would still help us, imo.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by vermonator:
I doubt San Diego lets Rivers go... Sure he's had some bad days but he is a franchise quarterback. If they did they could possibly be the dumbest team ever. Hmmm, wait a minute… They fire Schottenheimer after a 14 and 2 season, trade for Rivers when Breeze is still on Roster, could have taken Fitzgerald when they desperately needed a receiver, let HOFer, Drew Breeze go, hire retread Norv Turner as head coach. It just goes on and on. So I guess it could happen.

Always remember, it could be worse. You could support the Chargers!

You ain't kiddin... When I lived in San Diego I went to a couple games but what I witnessed from the owners and the front office was total incompetence. The Spanos family could care less about their fan base and AJ Smith continues to play hardball on all their free agents which is why most of their best players either get franchised or leave. I could see them keeping Norv Turner and sending Rivers packing... That's just how arrogant and stupid they really are. Feel bad for Charger fans.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Lol at Alex being better than Phillip rivers

Rivers is better. Trust me. I live here in SD. And he is better. Rivers might throw for 140 yards in a quarter. Alex in a whole game.

well if we cant rebound from 3 INT's not sure how 5 would make things better
Originally posted by jreff22:

Rivers is better. Trust me. I live here in SD. And he is better. Rivers might throw for 140 yards in a quarter. Alex in a whole game.

I've seen Rivers down by 30 points and come back. If Alex is down 10 the game is over. And it might be over down 7. Look I like and have supported Alex more than most on the board. And took huge flack for it over the years. But Rivers is better. He just is.

I've seen Rivers down by 30 points and come back. If Alex is down 10 the game is over. And it might be over down 7. Look I like and have supported Alex more than most on the board. And took huge flack for it over the years. But Rivers is better. He just is.

Rivers was better, he has lost his brain

Read page 3 of the thread. I spell it all out there. Rivers "decline." If you want to call it that.

Read page 3 of the thread. I spell it all out there. Rivers "decline." If you want to call it that.

So he needs a strong running game, blocking, pro bowl WR's, and a great D to be successful? I though that was a knock on Alex needing that to be good?

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 110001ERSFANLV:
Would or could we make any moves to get him next season? Or would it be worth it? Just asking.

i dpnt think hed be happy being alex smith's backup

Only on this forum would anyone think Alex would start over Rivers.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 110001ERSFANLV:
Would or could we make any moves to get him next season? Or would it be worth it? Just asking.

i dpnt think hed be happy being alex smith's backup

Only on this forum would anyone think Alex would start over Rivers.

Well, you ARE on this forum. Or hadn't you noticed?

He has had a good career but I am not sure how many more miles are on the clock. And I am very confident we can't afford him, not without gutting the team.
Share 49ersWebzone