LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Aaron Rogers a welcher backs out of bet

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Racist

Naw, its grape juice. Not purple drink.
Throw the Smith jersey on, snap a pic, and take it off and be done with it. Do I really care though, no, is Rodgers being a poor sport, yes.
Well if you make the bet you should stick with it.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Im not surprised hes not doing it. Most players in that position would back out too. I doubt Alex would walk around in a Rodgers jersey. Willis wouldnt wear a Hawk jersey either.

Alex Smith would never have made the bet. Remember what Harbaugh says "we move forward and prepare with humble hearts"
well he does have a game in a couple of days....it would've been a distraction. We don't really know the true info behind the scenes on the bet... I think wearing the jersey after the season, or during the bye week would've been more realistic.
mollywhop
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Im not surprised hes not doing it. Most players in that position would back out too. I doubt Alex would walk around in a Rodgers jersey. Willis wouldnt wear a Hawk jersey either.

Alex Smith would never have made the bet. Remember what Harbaugh says "we move forward and prepare with humble hearts"

Exactly. Has more to do with the smugness of the entire bet in the first place.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:

Exactly. Has more to do with the smugness of the entire bet in the first place.

Agree. I actually had a really good feeling when I heard about the bet. Something like that is dumb to do. I even wonder if it was going through his head when they were trailing. felt it would get to him and maybe it did! Willis and Smith just wouldn't make the bet.

I hate Brett Farve more than any player ever, and my friend always tries to get me to bet something where if i loose I have to wear a Farve Jersey, and I ALWAYS so no way in hell no matter how good my odds are. I just would never wear that s**t and if there was the slightest chance I could loose the bet, no matter the reward, I wouldn't take it.

I've always heard Rodgers was arrogant. Doesn't surprise me.

granted it was a college hat..... but charlie weiss bet tom brady that ND would beat Michigan in his first year coaching the irish. Loser would have to wear the other teams hat at their next interview.

Brady owned up to it and put on the ND hat...... under a Michigan hat.
Aaron Rogers will lose a llot of respect from the league. The only manly thing to do is own up to your bet. He's being a b***h.

pat and alex didnt lose. dont make a bet unless your gonna follow through otherwise your a b***h
Rodgers would look great in a Niners jersey.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Aaron Rogers will lose a llot of respect from the league. The only manly thing to do is own up to your bet. He's being a b***h.

He should lose lots of respect. b***h move.
From what I read, it was not really a bet, but an agreement....but it was kinda cheap for him to back out. To be fair, he might have been forced to back out. My guess is he will do it on the bye week or after the season is over.
Share 49ersWebzone