There are 201 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was at Mile High today...and Brock had a tough game. Culliver didn't even travel with the team. But, to be fair, the entire first team D didn't look sharp today. I got the impression they were content to let Peyton complete passes downfield. On one play, for whatever reason they had Grant covering one of the Denver WR's...think it was Decker. Peyton burned them on that one, for sure. There' work to be done...but that's what preseason's for. Once the bell rings, our 1st team D will answer it.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by captain_planet:
He made a couple of decent plays, but he was targeted far more than any other corner, so the completions stand out in our minds. That said, weak performance.

He was also covering Decker who will soon be a star in this league. That being said he isn't the player he was last year before getting hurt. Also, for those wanting him gone who do you replace him with at 5th CB? If he makes the squad he will be inactive a lot of the time but I would look for us to upgrade our CB spot next year with maybe a mid round pick. As for 5th CB if we need one this year since Brock is probably better than Mosley, Purvis, Nelms, etc maybe we go with Robinson coming in like we did with Reggie Smith in the past. Instead of the 5th CB use an extra S.
I would support this. He didn't look bad today.
I think he played himself off the team today.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think he played himself off the team today.
I hope so, he was horrible last season and hasn't gotten any better! If there is no hope of him getting any better than why have him on the team. Give one of the rookies a shot!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
He looked pretty good bowler, based off the pics.
Even the second and third stringers were picking on him allllll day long, just like the NFC championship game. Singltarys guy
but in general none of our c.b.s have made an impression this preseason , excepting maybe cox.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
but in general none of our c.b.s have made an impression this preseason , excepting maybe cox.

Culliver is my guy. He'll come back strong.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This dude played himself off the team today.
Yeah im thinkin culliver is gonna ball out this year. hardly anyone was mentioning him last year but he was solid.. esp for a rookie. he is big , physical and has the most potential to improve this year

somebody called deion...im' sure he would come out of retirement and still cover better than this guy...
its not like we have better guys behind him. Cox could step into the #4 role.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I think we dangle our 4th qb as trade bait to get solid player on a cb-rich team. That way we get a player that may otherwise be cut (but only bc of numbers), and give up a player that would have been cut. It's a clever way of swapping rather than hoping the player falls to you in the waiver process.
Nobody is trading for a player that they know the Niners will cut.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I think we dangle our 4th qb as trade bait to get solid player on a cb-rich team. That way we get a player that may otherwise be cut (but only bc of numbers), and give up a player that would have been cut. It's a clever way of swapping rather than hoping the player falls to you in the waiver process.
Nobody is trading for a player that they know the Niners will cut.

and what teans are CB rich? ATL comes to mind for me. Like a Chris Owens or Franks
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Aug 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]
He's toast.
Share 49ersWebzone