How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Disp:
What's the cap situation if we cut him next yr? Someone bumped the Skuta thread and I was thinking I'd rather re-sign Skuta for cheap to backup Aldon and Lynch.

Me too. Skuta is better than Brooks anyway imo.

I kinda feel that way too, but I think it's unfair to say that with any certainty until Skuta is out there playing 70 snaps every week and staying healthy the way Brooks has. Of course that's not going to happen now that we have Lynch and Aldon.

Skuta better than Brooks?

Thats about as rediculous as saying Brooks is better than Aldon.

Not quite...Skuta has more tackles thank Brooks this season and he's played half the snaps.
What's the cap situation if we cut him next yr? Someone bumped the Skuta thread and I was thinking I'd rather re-sign Skuta for cheap to backup Aldon and Lynch.

Me too. Skuta is better than Brooks anyway imo.

I kinda feel that way too, but I think it's unfair to say that with any certainty until Skuta is out there playing 70 snaps every week and staying healthy the way Brooks has. Of course that's not going to happen now that we have Lynch and Aldon.

Skuta better than Brooks?

Thats about as rediculous as saying Brooks is better than Aldon.

Not quite...Skuta has more tackles thank Brooks this season and he's played half the snaps.

You are letting stats fool you.
Having 99 and 95 on the edges makes me hope that they give Brooks a chance to blitz from the middle against the Cawks. The added pressure would allow 99 and 95 to stay disciplined and keep the midget in the pocket.
Skuta is not better than Brooks, you guys are crazy.
This thread has gone full retard.

Skuta > Brooks > Aldon

Lol
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Skuta > Brooks > Aldon

Lol

This. I'm all for trying to save money, but I think this "cut" this guy talk because a single player has a good game is nonsense. Although I have faith Aldon Smith will get his act together, we can't bank on it. We need Ahmad Brooks for the current time not only for insurance as a starter, but because he's a good player and is getting back to his previous standard of playing. If we release Brooks, OLB becomes a need again because we will not have anyone off the bench that can come in a create pressure. I believe Dan Skuta is a free agent, so there is no guarantee we will have him.

I'll let the front office worry about his cap figure. For the immediate future, I see Ahmad Brooks staying with the 49ers.

Skuta > Brooks > Aldon

Lol

Quick! Lets lock up Skuta to a block buster deal a shade under what J.J Watt got.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Skuta is not better than Brooks, you guys are crazy.

I would have to agree with this.

Skuta > Brooks > Aldon

Lol

Quick! Lets lock up Skuta to a block buster deal a shade under what J.J Watt got.

Check out that Brooks WHIFF on the Morris run.

Originally posted by Niners99:

Your name says it all. We get it. Stop hating on our own players!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Your name says it all. We get it. Stop hating on our own players!

OK...I'm missing something!
All the big runs were right to his side. It was noticeable.
I don't know what happened and really I think he had a place on the field but it's getting to the point where Lynch is just too good to keep off the field for long stretches at a time. I like a steady rotation between the two depending on down and distance. Not entire series where one or the other plays and the other sits.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
All the big runs were right to his side. It was noticeable.
I don't know what happened and really I think he had a place on the field but it's getting to the point where Lynch is just too good to keep off the field for long stretches at a time. I like a steady rotation between the two depending on down and distance. Not entire series where one or the other plays and the other sits.

They were running over McDonald and Brooks, which I'd not seen before to that exetent...at least to that extent. Of course, trying to run over Justin is suicide, so I don't blame them.
I haven't see those kinds of stretch plays to that side in a long time...the entire DL and flowing LB's were are "there" and still couldn't tackle or wrap up. I was actually very impressed with how patient Morris was...wait...wait...wait...fire through that mess! We're so used to containing these guys between the has marks and/or filtering them back inside to the help, I just have to tip my cap to them. Well done. I hope Seattle doesn't pick up on that tendency via film work b/c our whole team struggled there (Lynch too).
Share 49ersWebzone