LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 298 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we can't retain Aldon next year than we need Brooks long term.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Considering how patient the FO has been with Aldon, I don't see any scenario where we don't land him. Baalke knows how valuable Smith is. He's an elite defender and will be paid as such.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Considering how patient the FO has been with Aldon, I don't see any scenario where we don't land him. Baalke knows how valuable Smith is. He's an elite defender and will be paid as such.

Well for one there's the Franchise Tag so yah Aldon ain't going no where. Michael Crabtree on the other hand........
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Well for one there's the Franchise Tag so yah Aldon ain't going no where. Michael Crabtree on the other hand........

We already picked up the 2015, 5th year option on Aldon, he's here for sure next year.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the more I watch Morris ran, the more he reminds me of a younger Frank Gore.. so patient, accepting the fact that he can not have a home run rushes on every carries.. he just picks his holes, then gain as much yardage as he can..
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
the more I watch Morris ran, the more he reminds me of a younger Frank Gore.. so patient, accepting the fact that he can not have a home run rushes on every carries.. he just picks his holes, then gain as much yardage as he can..

I agree. There were some missed tackles, but those stretch plays just showed great patience by Morris. He waited for the blocks to develop and hit the hole really well all day. Culliver had a missed tackle on one big run, but otherwise it just seemed like good running and blocking moreso than Niners players messing up on most of the runs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
and if you all think about it, those are the type of backs that would often give us trouble.. not the backs that are greedy for big play, home run plays, and highlight type of backs.. instead, it's those backs that respect our defense.. the ones who just takes what they can until the yardage are there..

and this is why that ungly Beast up in Seattle has always played well against us.. he knows best not to attack our front four, he knows best to just be calm and collective..

Frank would be a terrific in a zone scheme. His ability to cut and go is second to none. It's such a waste of his open field skill that he's been pigeonholed as a power I back squeezing through gaps of daylight.
dbl
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by matt49er:

We already picked up the 2015, 5th year option on Aldon, he's here for sure next year.

Yup! Plus we can use the Franchise Tag on him for 2 more years after that as needed (if needed).

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Yup! Plus we can use the Franchise Tag on him for 2 more years after that as needed (if needed).

Which would be wise...he is likely among the two best OLBs in the game.
and if you all think about it, those are the type of backs that would often give us trouble.. not the backs that are greedy for big play, home run plays, and highlight type of backs.. instead, it's those backs that respect our defense.. the ones who just takes what they can until the yardage are there..

and this is why that ungly Beast up in Seattle has always played well against us.. he knows best not to attack our front four, he knows best to just be calm and collective..

Truth!

We just suck vs zone schemes. The reason our run D is consistently ranks so well overall is because we limit the big runs, however on the flip side, we always rank near the bottom in stuffs. Against zone schemes, playing a conservative style of run D just doesn't work because those cutback lanes are going to open no matter how well you stack up the blockers.
Does this make anyone else happy? Best 3-man OLB rotating in the game!

There was a lot of discussion this week surrounding Ahmad Brooks' disappointment about how he was being used. Against the New York Giants in East Rutherford, New Jersey, he was benched because of an altercation with a member of the coaching staff.

Since then, Brooks has made up with his coaches, expressed his disappointment in himself and how he acted, and everyone seemed to be back on the same page. Against Washington on Sunday, Brooks was in there to recover a Robert Griffin fumble following a Justin Smith sack that sealed the game.

For a look at their playing time in the 49ers' game against Washington, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area compiled the statistics for linebackers Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Aaron Lynch. They are as follows:

Aldon Smith 52 snaps, 3 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 quarterback hurries
Ahmad Brooks 37 snaps, 3 tackles, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Aaron Lynch21 snaps, 2 tackles, 1 sack

It was not a bad performance for the trio of outside linebackers.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/76852-snap-counts-smith-brooks-lynch/#cDmUwuAeP42m5Hy7.99
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It's not just that, it's always been the Bill Parcells type of patient running game that would give us the most trouble..

This even goes back all the way in the 80s.. Dickerson, Payton, and other elussive RBs would never have a great game against us..

it's the back like Atlanta's Gerald Riggs, Washington's John Riggins, NY Giants Joe Morris and even Grand Pa OJ Anderson..

those backs would always do well against us because they know how to be patient and be in the game for 4 quarters.. Jim Mora always used Reuben Mays against us t this way.. he didnt care about how much yardage, he just knew to have him carry the ball all 4 qtrs.
Share 49ersWebzone