LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 271 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What does this mean though. This concerns me:

"I'm going to hope and pray it doesn't ever happen again," he said. "I don't want to feel like I'm second to anybody. So if it ever were to happen again, then I'll keep my mouth shut and not say anything."Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article4018700.html#storylink=cpy

That's not exactly a "team spirit" rah rah quote.

He's still pissed off that Lynch is taking most of his snaps. And "yes," Brooks, it will happen again, like every Sunday.

Dang. Brooks quote sounds more like a not so veiled passive aggressive threat.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

"I'm going to hope and pray it doesn't ever happen again," he said. "I don't want to feel like I'm second to anybody. So if it ever were to happen again, then I'll keep my mouth shut and not say anything."Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article4018700.html#storylink=cpy

He's still pissed off that Lynch is taking most of his snaps. And "yes," Brooks, it will happen again, like every Sunday.

Oh come on guys what did you expect him to say? I thought he handled the situation well in refusing to comment at the time and saying anything else other that the above would also be misquoted and used as evidence that he was defeatist/bitter/offended etc etc.

This has been tough for him and he has handled it like a man. Kudos to him and I hope he can restructure and stay.
Originally posted by English:

Oh come on guys what did you expect him to say? I thought he handled the situation well in refusing to comment at the time and saying anything else other that the above would also be misquoted and used as evidence that he was defeatist/bitter/offended etc etc.

This has been tough for him and he has handled it like a man. Kudos to him and I hope he can restructure and stay.

This! And once again...find any player, great or mediocre, who handled being replaced, even for a play, better than Brooks.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This! And once again...find any player, great or mediocre, who handled being replaced, even for a play, better than Brooks.

Alex....Brooks needs to be like Alex Smith....shut the hell up and be an obedient good boy.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Alex....Brooks needs to be like Alex Smith....shut the hell up and be an obedient good boy.

LOL! Alex didn't take his shoes off, but he didn't go around making happy talk either. He looked p*ssed! Which is exactly how I would want a veteran to act. I did not care for the way Montana handled the situation with Young, even though I totally supported Montana at the time.

I think we can agree that RGIII is giving new meaning to the self centered athlete!

But...I am preparing my next post. My next post is coming and I am concentrating my efforts in that direction. My next post...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Here is his FULL interview.

"Whether or not Im starting or not really doesnt matter as long as Im out there playing thats what really matters."
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 20, 2014 at 9:32 AM ]
Glad he admited his mistakes now go out there & EARN YOUR playing time

LOL! Alex didn't take his shoes off, but he didn't go around making happy talk either. He looked p*ssed! Which is exactly how I would want a veteran to act. I did not care for the way Montana handled the situation with Young, even though I totally supported Montana at the time.

I think we can agree that RGIII is giving new meaning to the self centered athlete!

But...I am preparing my next post. My next post is coming and I am concentrating my efforts in that direction. My next post...

I was too young to remember Young taking over....but I'll always be amazed at how Alex handled it. He was even helping Kaep on the sidelines!
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM ]
I was too young to remember Young taking over....but I'll always be amazed at how Alex handled it. He was even helping Kaep on the sidelines!

Well...I'm almost too old to remember...LOL! I'm always amazed at how people respond under stress. Today RGIII gave a one sentence press conference...over and over...and he's still starting. I think Smith's parents give him good advice or raised him to be forward looking...not being shortsighted.

Ahmad Brooks showed that by declining to comment until he could think it over. I really appreciate that quality--maturity...even if it's not permanent or consistent.
  • buck
  • Veteran

What gives with your continuous gratuitous digs at our former quarterback?

Please, stop.

Originally posted by buck:

What gives with your continuous gratuitous digs at our former quarterback?

Please, stop.

That's not a dig on Alex at all, he's the epitome of a good boy! I miss him for that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
steve young, joe montana and walsh all could have taken lessons from ck, alex and the coach in how to handle that type of situation,, all three of them used a eager media to push their agenda back then,, f**king mess
Originally posted by DeUh:
Here is his FULL interview.

"Whether or not Im starting or not really doesnt matter as long as Im out there playing thats what really matters."

That's about an honest of an interview as you'll ever hear (esp. these days). Props!

And thanks for posting DeUh. You're all over it as always...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HOW GOOD IS AHMAD BROOKS??

that's the question, and my answer is that..

Brooks should have never done what he did, now that selfish act of his will forever be linked to his personality.. but as far as asking how good he is, I still think that he's a the best pass rusher we have game in and game out..

Aldon may be the better player, but I just believe that Brooks is the better pass rusher..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
HOW GOOD IS AHMAD BROOKS??

that's the question, and my answer is that..

Brooks should have never done what he did, now that selfish act of his will forever be linked to his personality.. but as far as asking how good he is, I still think that he's a the best pass rusher we have game in and game out..

Aldon may be the better player, but I just believe that Brooks is the better pass rusher..
he mouthed off to a coach, took it back, it was accepted by all and went out and led the backers in drills yesterday, case closed
Share 49ersWebzone