There are 103 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
cards would never dealt him to us. id rather have boldin and crabtree and a high draft pick then fitz and his huge contract. Maybe his dropoff in play isn't just bad QB play...maybe his age is catching up to him
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think you can play with that can you? That would be unreal pain. I don't see how you could have any speed or power with that. Something has to slow down New Orleans. They look unreal right now. Unfortunately this will make it very tough for them to beat Seattle. But it may slow down New Orleans. Both of which we need to happen.

Nope, he tried today and it didn't go well for him. Only had two TDs.

yea that is a little below average for him bahaha
going to the colts book it
Yep ask the dodgers how that big pay roll worked out for them.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
beisbol is STILL on? WTF!?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
beisbol should go away
he wont get 14 mill from anyone. any team he goes to will negotiate a new contract i would think. Fitz, Boldin and Crabs with VD would be insane
That's crazy that the giants-vikes game outdrew the World Series.
I like baseball but I find hockey more exciting honestly. The hits, the scores and roars of the goal horns, the fights, the fantastic finishes often times, shootouts, etc.
I think it is because Baseball is a good ole boy sport and the people who run it have become old and out of date whereas football is changing rules and taking action to keep the action in the game. Baseball keeps giving the "that's how we've done it" reply. They refuse to change.

Personally, they should reduce the innings to 7 to protect starting pitchers for more complete games, make all stadium the same distances, and allow steroids but monitor it so no player is on for longer than 5 months and not taking during the season or in the offseason, one or the other.

Their refusal to change is outdating the sport out of popularity.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM ]

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Baseball sucks. The same f**king teams in it every year because there is no hard cap. What's the point in rooting for the Pirates, A's, Brewers etc.?

Sure, they will make some runs, win some divisions, but will eventually face a team with an expensive super talented roster and will be outmatched. Its a shame, i used to be a huge baseball fan too.
I used to be a big baseball fan but the game just seems meaningless. In the preseason you could probably guess 10 teams that will be there in the end and get 8 of them right. The 2 surprise teams that make it in will just get eliminated in the 1st round. They play 162 games over a very long season and then get to the playoffs and speed it up with 5 game series???

This is my first year in probably 20 where I haven't watched a single game all year.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think you can play with that can you? That would be unreal pain. I don't see how you could have any speed or power with that. Something has to slow down New Orleans. They look unreal right now. Unfortunately this will make it very tough for them to beat Seattle. But it may slow down New Orleans. Both of which we need to happen.

Nope, he tried today and it didn't go well for him. Only had two TDs.

yea that is a little below average for him bahaha
I have him in 2 fantasy leagues. He got 2 tds but in the future he won't make every reception a TD. he only played 18 snaps on offense. I have no idea what to do with him???
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Keep him, even at his limited snaps he is better then any other te.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Baseball sucks. The same f**king teams in it every year because there is no hard cap. What's the point in rooting for the Pirates, A's, Brewers etc.?

Sure, they will make some runs, win some divisions, but will eventually face a team with an expensive super talented roster and will be outmatched. Its a shame, i used to be a huge baseball fan too.

this is a problem. in an era where half of the country is under the poverty line they dont like hearing about ten players on a team getting paid hundreds of millions. america loves underdogs. Hard cap needs to be instituted, and some rules need to be changed to make it more exciting. the nfl is drama packed because there are so few games played every season. Baseball has the opposite of this going on with 180~ games? played a year. Did I mention that it's also boring as f**k? I like going to see the isotopes games locally (dodgers farm team) but hell going to a baseball game and watching it on TV are two totally different things. I could argue the merits of attending a game for three pages, however, the majority of fans are reached through the medium of television, and as long as baseball continues to be boring, the market will continue to shrink.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/stark_jayson/id/7420412/

I don't care if you guys don't like baseball, but at least know what the hell you are talking about. There have been plenty of articles and data shown that baseball actually has more parity than NFL. That cap crap has no effect on making the playoffs or winning championships. They need to change it, but not for that reason.
I never said that it had any effect on making the playoffs or winning a championsip. All I said was that people don't like listening to players salaries in the hundreds of millions. I think it's boring, and a single game in the regular season is VERY rarely make-or-break. There's no drama.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Just thought I'd share this because fringe players don't get the same news coverage. It is surreal that two players on the same team could lose loved ones in such tragic ways within the same month. I am Utah fan and watched Asiata play and even hung out with him at a few frat parties and wish his family well.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27437003&nid=148&title=driver-killed-in-bus-crash-father-of-u-of-u-nfl-player&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-4

Matt Asiata would trade every award he's received as a football player for the chance to talk to his father one more time.

Asiata said he was at dinner Monday when he got a call from his brother.

"I heard my mom in the background screaming," said the former University of Utah star who now plays for the NFL's Minnesota Vikings. "I knew something was going on."

Asiata's father, Pita, was driving a group of more than 50 people back to Salt Lake City from Wendover, Nev., Monday afternoon when the bus ran into the back of a construction vehicle that had slowed down in the far left lane prior to driving into the median to turn around.

Statement from the Vikings

"We are aware of the tragic incident involving Matt's father, Pita Asiata. This is heartbreaking news for Matt and his family. We are here to support the Asiata family in any way possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Asiata family.

The investigations are ongoing but that doesn't matter.....RIP to his father.
Share 49ersWebzone