There are 308 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
Jiks baseball games watched-0
Jiks pre-season basketball games watched-4
Jiks worst MNF game ever watched last week-1
RIP baseball
Baseball could cease to exist tomorrow, and many wouldn't even notice.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Vikings-Giants drew 9.5, Series 9.4, I'm old enough to remember when MLB was #1 hands down. The sport no longer reaches all levels of society. Basketball will overtake Baseball in the near future as the #2 sport in the US.

it hasn't already? srs.
Baseball sucks. The same f**king teams in it every year because there is no hard cap. What's the point in rooting for the Pirates, A's, Brewers etc.?

Sure, they will make some runs, win some divisions, but will eventually face a team with an expensive super talented roster and will be outmatched. Its a shame, i used to be a huge baseball fan too.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM ]
Troy Smith= proof that winning the heisman won't guarantee NFL success or longevity
IMO he would be a better MLB or even a OLB.

He has/had crazy speed. He was in crazy great shape. He just wasn't as big as say, a JJ Watt or Aldon.

You have to be a freak in order to be a great DE.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
IMO he would be a better MLB or even a OLB.

He has/had crazy speed. He was in crazy great shape. He just wasn't as big as say, a JJ Watt or Aldon.

You have to be a freak in order to be a great DE.

Wut
Andre was a good 4-3 edge rusher ...I wish we could have kept him, he didnt fit into Nolan's grand scheme of things...but I wish we could have hung on to him and Julian Peterson
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Baseball sucks. The same f**king teams in it every year because there is no hard cap. What's the point in rooting for the Pirates, A's, Brewers etc.?

Sure, they will make some runs, win some divisions, but will eventually face a team with an expensive super talented roster and will be outmatched. Its a shame, i used to be a huge baseball fan too.

this is a problem. in an era where half of the country is under the poverty line they dont like hearing about ten players on a team getting paid hundreds of millions. america loves underdogs. Hard cap needs to be instituted, and some rules need to be changed to make it more exciting. the nfl is drama packed because there are so few games played every season. Baseball has the opposite of this going on with 180~ games? played a year. Did I mention that it's also boring as f**k? I like going to see the isotopes games locally (dodgers farm team) but hell going to a baseball game and watching it on TV are two totally different things. I could argue the merits of attending a game for three pages, however, the majority of fans are reached through the medium of television, and as long as baseball continues to be boring, the market will continue to shrink.

Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

this is a problem. in an era where half of the country is under the poverty line they dont like hearing about ten players on a team getting paid hundreds of millions. america loves underdogs. Hard cap needs to be instituted, and some rules need to be changed to make it more exciting. the nfl is drama packed because there are so few games played every season. Baseball has the opposite of this going on with 180~ games? played a year. Did I mention that it's also boring as f**k? I like going to see the isotopes games locally (dodgers farm team) but hell going to a baseball game and watching it on TV are two totally different things. I could argue the merits of attending a game for three pages, however, the majority of fans are reached through the medium of television, and as long as baseball continues to be boring, the market will continue to shrink.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/stark_jayson/id/7420412/

I don't care if you guys don't like baseball, but at least know what the hell you are talking about. There have been plenty of articles and data shown that baseball actually has more parity than NFL. That cap crap has no effect on making the playoffs or winning championships. They need to change it, but not for that reason.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Andre was a good 4-3 edge rusher ...I wish we could have kept him, he didnt fit into Nolan's grand scheme of things...but I wish we could have hung on to him and Julian Peterson

I don't. The team might've been halfway decent and Nolan would've gotten fired a season or two later. Which means Singletary is around a season or two later. Which means we miss out on JIm Harbaugh and end up with- Chip Kelly lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMpG3jPlwec&list=PLF0BF0F6EEC7DB00E

That's how important it is that we sucked royally from 2005 to 2008.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9888632/larry-fitzgerald-trade-arizona-cardinals-play-offseason

His numbers are huge, but man who wouldn't love to see him as a niner?
Jay GlazerVerified account‏@JayGlazer

Graham went in early to get extra treatment on it this AM b4 tests it on field. Plantar fascia is partially torn. He needs it to fully tear
I don't think you can play with that can you? That would be unreal pain. I don't see how you could have any speed or power with that. Something has to slow down New Orleans. They look unreal right now. Unfortunately this will make it very tough for them to beat Seattle. But it may slow down New Orleans. Both of which we need to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone