There are 187 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
They wanted to hurt our QB in the preseason. If they did get to Alex and KO'ed him, we might not have had the season we had, we could have had someone else under center and crap knows if we'd even make to the NFCC game let alone the playoffs. Im mad as hell! Because everyone knew which teams had it worse during the type of off season the league had. And the 49ers were on top of that list. To think that a HC would give the order to 'let the dogs loose' that would hurt, injure and worst take out a QB operating under a whole new system all because a phone call wasnt returned . . . .
[ Edited by ace49ers on Mar 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM ]
I will say this as a niner fan and as a football fan. Putting lunch money or pocket change up for a bounty is the only thing i can see wrong here. as for the actual hits if any were deemed illegal, malicious, or ill intended then the refs should have had laundry on the field, fines should have been levied, and players suspended. This should've happened regardless of any locker room wagering going on. The actual action happens on the field in front of the refs and on tv in front of millions. If anything outrageous were to have occurred steps should've been taken long before now. Media sensationalism at its finest cuz this aint worse than some behind the back in the bushes hidden camera taping your plays and signals crap like the Pats did shamelessly like the slime bags they are but this was football. U hit U destroy U win. It's a violent game and not flag football. Now it is one thing for the players to wager on it which is still wrong but it is a bigger wrong if it was coaches and organization behind it. This would smell of all kinds of rules and ethics violations of NFL policy. But I don't want to be hypocritical because our own guys say that the secondary coaches hold an account of wow plays that we achieve during the weeks film study. U check out your lick with your teammates and this is incentive to go out hit someone and get on film. But this isn't wrong at all as long as the goal isn't to purposefully injure someone. If it was, then shame on them. All I know is when we played them they got hurt not us.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
They wanted to hurt our QB in the preseason. If they did get to Alex and KO'ed him, we might not have had the season we had, we could have had someone else under center and crap knows if we'd even make to the NFCC game let alone the playoffs. Im mad as hell! Because everyone knew which teams had it worse during the type of off season the league had. And the 49ers were on top of that list. To think that a HC would give the order to 'let the dogs loose' that would hurt, injure and worst take out a QB operating under a whole new system all because a phone call wasnt returned . . . .

good thing for us both alex and kaep are tough athletic guys
What kind of pills u be bustin doe?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

the kind u don't get locked up for as long as u have the proper paperwork the ones the DEA regulate the ones that keeps yo granny living
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

the kind u don't get locked up for as long as u have the proper paperwork the ones the DEA regulate the ones that keeps yo granny living

• dj43
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by dj43:
If this is all it sounds to be, I expect to see some VERY serious action taken by the league. Such as; one year suspension (or longer) for Greg Williams. Loss of draft picks by the Saints. GM Mickey Loomis fired. The team fined a 7 figure amount, etc.

There two issues; violation of the CBA, and deliberate intent to injure. The first requires a financial penalty, the second a penalty that will make the franchise less competitive for a couple of years. Williams will be dealt with separately.

Gonna be interesting. Goodell ain't happy.

Yup . . . glad it ain't us.

One of the NFLN guys proposed a 3 YEAR ban for Williams. Wouldn't surprise me.
What about Sean Payton his b***hass should get punished because you can't possibly believe that he had no knowledge of what was going down
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
What about Sean Payton his b***hass should get punished because you can't possibly believe that he had no knowledge of what was going down

According to Clayton of ESPN he did know. A memo was sent from the league to the Saints demanding for this practice to be stopped.
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

According to Clayton of ESPN he did know. A memo was sent from the league to the Saints demanding for this practice to be stopped.

Yeah the Saints owner told the GM and Sean Payton that i needs to stop.

Long story short... never did

Goodell's next act must be to realize that Williams' apology is completely hollow, that his repugnant modus operandi will remain under other names and guises unless it is killed forever, and that removing Williams from the game on a lifetime basis is the best way to start.

Gregg Williams said it best: If you cut the snake's head off, the body will die.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:
Goodell's next act must be to realize that Williams' apology is completely hollow, that his repugnant modus operandi will remain under other names and guises unless it is killed forever, and that removing Williams from the game on a lifetime basis is the best way to start.

Gregg Williams said it best: If you cut the snake's head off, the body will die.

Damn son, who wrote that
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:

I pray that he gets banned from the league.
I can't stand that douche
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I hated him for the "patrick will be crying in his cereal" comment
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I hated him for the "patrick will be crying in his cereal" comment

Me too. Its funny how after he said that we have the best defense in the league and beat them in the NFC championship game
Share 49ersWebzone