LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
League should look into Jim Shorts team next
Originally posted by jimrat201:

+1 cant stand gym shorts. Dude is a punk ass b***h.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jimrat201:

+1 cant stand gym shorts. Dude is a punk ass b***h.

this, the dude is definitely not clean
I'm sure virtually every team in the NFL does this to some extent, what troubles me about this situation is the vast organizational knowledge of the situation. In many cases you have specials teams or linebackers or various units creating a betting pool of sorts, in this case you had a situation where the players were being egged on by the coaching staff, with full knowledge of the front office, a team that had previously been investigated, made aware of the severity of what they were doing......and then kept doing it anyways.

So yeah, they might as well throw the book at them, suspend various players for a game or two, hit them with a million dollar fine(paying out bonuses under the table was also skirting the salary cap) and pull 1 first round and 1 second round draft pick from them. Don't think it's going to happen, there will probably be some BS fine, but I wrote what I think SHOULD happen.
so Williams tenure with the Bills is now being looked at
Originally posted by jreff22:

you mean the skins??
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
It would make my offseason to see williamsget banned from the NFL
God I hope it happens!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jreff22:

you mean the skins??

Buffalo as well now

Saints
Reskins
Titans/Oilers
Bills

are all being looked at
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Ban him, this makes me sick. He lied and lied and lied, then has the gall to suddenly say he learned his lesson. b******t, teach him a real lesson.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Ban him, this makes me sick. He lied and lied and lied, then has the gall to suddenly say he learned his lesson. b******t, teach him a real lesson.

This, f**k suspending him, just ban him forever and I guarantee no other coach will have their hands on any similar type of shenanigans.

• mike
  • Veteran
Guaranteed this is more widespread than just Williams. The difference is when a coach eggs them on it becomes much easier to catch, just takes one assistant or someone to whistleblow to the league about it.

You could even just have parts of the defense, say linebackers, pooling bounties with each other. No one knows about it except a small group of guys then who's to tell.

I'd like to think the niners are exempt, but who knows? This could be a popular thing. I'd like to think our D just hurts guys for free lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Janitor:

This, f**k suspending him, just ban him forever and I guarantee no other coach will have their hands on any similar type of shenanigans.

+1
Originally posted by mike:
Guaranteed this is more widespread than just Williams. The difference is when a coach eggs them on it becomes much easier to catch, just takes one assistant or someone to whistleblow to the league about it.

You could even just have parts of the defense, say linebackers, pooling bounties with each other. No one knows about it except a small group of guys then who's to tell.

I'd like to think the niners are exempt, but who knows? This could be a popular thing. I'd like to think our D just hurts guys for free lol.

Yea but it's not like Fangio is egging them on like Williams did, and setting up the bounties himself. Plus our D plays pretty text book, they go for big hits but mainly try to dislodge the ball(either by stripping it or a big hit like with the helmet on the ball or something) and rapping up. The Saints are always going for people's knees and ankles. I think we are probably okay in all of this.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by mike:

Yea but it's not like Fangio is egging them on like Williams did, and setting up the bounties himself. Plus our D plays pretty text book, they go for big hits but mainly try to dislodge the ball(either by stripping it or a big hit like with the helmet on the ball or something) and rapping up. The Saints are always going for people's knees and ankles. I think we are probably okay in all of this.

True, but also keep in mind it wasn't just bounties on injuries. It was on fumbles and interceptions too. Would explain our tenacity for stripping the ball and seemingly going out of our way to make picks rather than just knocking the ball away. There's no way to know of course, they could just be coached to play tenaciously, and like I said it is much worse if the coach is setting up the bounties.

Money is a huge motivator, I just think there's a good chance small groups of players do this all the time. But definitely not to the extent the williams/the saints were doing it. Picks and turnovers are one thing, a bounty on someone's head is another.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:
Goodell's next act must be to realize that Williams' apology is completely hollow, that his repugnant modus operandi will remain under other names and guises unless it is killed forever, and that removing Williams from the game on a lifetime basis is the best way to start.

Gregg Williams said it best: If you cut the snake's head off, the body will die.

Damn son, who wrote that

yahoo blog
Share 49ersWebzone