LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
I equated the action of passing off responsibility not the direct issue that each power figure had to deal with but the act of assuming they had done enough by simply saying no....good lord. dont go attacking something that is completely irrelevant.

I am not attacking anything. It's comments like this that get blown out of proportion. Prime example is what is going on now. This 'Bounty b.s." I believe is just a motivation tool that is being blown way out of proportion by the media. They would like you to think that the Saints were trying to kill someone. They were told to stop because of how it would look and low and behold I give you exhibit A. Until I see proof of any payment made to anyone for a particular hit or whatever, I am calling b.s.
I can't wait to beat the f**k out of the Saints next year.

Bounty game..your best hitters vs. ours
I wonder if they cost us our 6th SB by taking Ted Ginn out on purpose? Just a thought and another reason to want to break their backs when we play them!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
I wonder if they cost us our 6th SB by taking Ted Ginn out on purpose? Just a thought and another reason to want to break their backs when we play them!

s**t maybe. Either way I don't want anyone's back broken, but they need to be punished by NFL and Greg Williams should be suspended some amount of games for this.
jesus christ....

Dungy: Titans had a bounty on Peyton Manning

Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams had a bounty on Colts quarterback Peyton Manning in Super Bowl XLIV. But while it didn't result in an injury to Manning, his former coach in Indianapolis believes it wasn't the first time that knocking Peyton out of a game would have gotten a player paid.

Tony Dungy of NBC's Football Night in America tells PFT that he believes the Titans had put a bounty on Manning.

"I know they had them in Tennessee," Dungy said via text.

Williams worked for the Oilers/Titans through 2000 under coach Jeff Fisher. Dungy became coach of the Colts in 2002, when a realignment of the divisions put the Colts and Titans in the newly-created AFC South, pitting the two teams against each other twice per season.

Coincidentally, Fisher and Williams have now been reunited, in St. Louis. Which will make even more interesting a decision by Manning to sign with one of the Rams' NFC West rivals: the Cardinals, Seahawks, or 49ers.

Even more coincidentally, Dungy explained during a 2011 preseason edition of Football Night in America that he believes a 2006 hit on Peyton Manning first caused his ongoing neck problems.

The man delivering the hit? Phillip Daniels. His team? The Redskins.

The defensive coordinator at the time? Gregg Williams.

That said, Dungy emphasized that he doesn't know whether the Redskins were using bounties under Williams. But Dungy was clear in his belief that the Titans used such a system.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/dungy-titans-had-a-bounty-on-peyton-manning/
Originally posted by CharityMike:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
and Saints fans complained that Whitner is a dirty player.

lol I dont wish ill on Pierre Thomas but Whitner absolutely laid him out.

So lets be real. Do you not think it is possible the 49ers have a "bounty" program? The point is you would never know it unless this happened to you. Do you honestly think, as bad as our D is, that this would have been a possibility? If someone would have said this was a team like the Steelers, I would have believed it. Shows you how much this Bounty mattered though huh, we still couldn't catch a cold, tackle my grandma in a wheelchair, or sack the QB even though 3/4 of the D was blitzing.

Yeah but the point isn't that it made NO play better, the point is that in a game that's already physical and violent enough those guys had an incentive to physically injure other players. Not just deliver hard hits, but to actually go for someones knee or head. Or in MN Favre case, his ankle. That's not just football dude, that's someone's life. To say that it's okay and this team is getting singled out because of this is just immature IMO. In the 9ers case we just have players who hit hard, I remember watching that MN game in 09 and dude's were going at Favre's ankles+knees. 9ers don't play like that, they try to hit hard but the main priorities on our defense is either dislodging the ball and wrapping up to prevent a broken tackle. These saints dudes are forgetting that s**t at times and just straight up trying to injure someone. They are going to be, and deserve to be punished for this, and IMO Gregg Williams deserves a long suspension or a ban or something.
Dungy traces Manning's injury to Williams' D

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/35067638
Everything is still to new about the situation. It is kind of getting blown out proportion by the Media, at least from what I've heard. I'm sure this stuff does happen in other organizations and from what I've heard the money amount is very little........

BUT, the principle of the matter still is bad. If the NFL has a rule, it should be followed. I read the Saints were told to stop and they didn't. The ESPN article makes it sound like Payton plays by his own rules and doesn't care what others think. However much of it is true, WHO KNOWS... But to make a side game out of injuring players or Congratulating them for knocking guys out, is dirty.

If it was players making side bets there would be no way to control that. But if it comes from the top down...from Williams, that kind of encourages an entire team to act a certain way. It's not about the money. It's about wanting to win the right way.
That's baller
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Everything is still to new about the situation. It is kind of getting blown out proportion by the Media, at least from what I've heard. I'm sure this stuff does happen in other organizations and from what I've heard the money amount is very little........

BUT, the principle of the matter still is bad. If the NFL has a rule, it should be followed. I read the Saints were told to stop and they didn't. The ESPN article makes it sound like Payton plays by his own rules and doesn't care what others think. However much of it is true, WHO KNOWS... But to make a side game out of injuring players or Congratulating them for knocking guys out, is dirty.

If it was players making side bets there would be no way to control that. But if it comes from the top down...from Williams, that kind of encourages an entire team to act a certain way. It's not about the money. It's about wanting to win the right way.
This is following Williams around to every team though..
Oilers/Titans...with Fisher
Redskins
Saints

This is my point. We are all assuming, by what the media is saying, that we were trying to "Hurt" people. I have a hard time believing that based on what I see on Sundays. Who have we hurt? Show me the fines of said dirty actions.
Eric Edholm ‏ @Eric_Edholm
Just asked #Panthers WR Steve Smith about #Saints bounty story. His reaction: "Doesn't surprise me. Wouldn't expect anything less from them"

Zach Zaidman ‏ @ZachZaidman
When #Bears played #Saints in 2011, Jay Cutler was kicked in throat by Saints defender, affecting his ability to communicate w/teammates.
Originally posted by jreff22:

This is following Williams around to every team though..
Oilers/Titans...with Fisher
Redskins
Saints
Yeah I just read that after I posted this. That's what I'm saying though... It's still so new that the story is going to keep changing. I'm sure the Saints players are going to come out and say it's not true.

The hard part to get around is that Goodell or the NFL would have released it if it wasn't legit. Maybe they were telling the Saints to stop and they weren't so this is the action they are taking. Who Knows. They must have enough evidence or they wouldn't have made it public....
Why isn't this considered criminal? Organized crime? RICO law?
f**k the Saints
Share 49ersWebzone