LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
pretty good candy bar, anybody ever try it ?

eat it quite often, its a fantastic chocolate bar imo
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharityMike:
Stay classy! If anyone of you don't think this is getting blown waaaay out of proportion, you are crazy. There is an agenda here. You don't think every D player and coach doesn't want there players to knock the other teams O out? The amount of money is a pittance! The biggest question... who the f**k keeps 50,000 pages of said "illegal" acts for evidence to bust them should somebody squeal? This whole things smells funny!

Who the f*** keeps 50,000 pages of documents detailing an illegal act by a multi million, if not billion dollar corporation? The bigger multi billion dollar parent company that is the NFL does. The only agenda here is the NFL doing everything it can not to tarnish its image because of a disgraceful practice like this being exposed.

Also the way you phrase "should somebody squeal?" implies that you think the NFL was sitting on this and sweeping it under the rug and someone threatened to go public with it so the NFL threw it out there before they could. The NFL would be fools to do that.

Bottom line is that if this is a "common practice" among teams the NFL will be making an example of the saints to ensure that the practice goes away(or becomes incredibly well hidden). The fact that a coaches agent was contributing money makes this even worse then it just being a 1 team only thing it truly can implicate other teams and force NFL to investigate them as well. This matter isn't getting blown out of proportion at all, its just shocking because it wasn't just players but the GM, team assistants and employees, the defensive coordinator, the head coach, the head coaches agent and probably many more that were directly involved and knowledgable of a situation that did result in multiple injuries and incidents that hurt other players.
and Saints fans complained that Whitner is a dirty player.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol I dont wish ill on Pierre Thomas but Whitner absolutely laid him out.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol I dont wish ill on Pierre Thomas but Whitner absolutely laid him out.

So lets be real. Do you not think it is possible the 49ers have a "bounty" program? The point is you would never know it unless this happened to you. Do you honestly think, as bad as our D is, that this would have been a possibility? If someone would have said this was a team like the Steelers, I would have believed it. Shows you how much this Bounty mattered though huh, we still couldn't catch a cold, tackle my grandma in a wheelchair, or sack the QB even though 3/4 of the D was blitzing.
[ Edited by CharityMike on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM ]
Stay classy! If anyone of you don't think this is getting blown waaaay out of proportion, you are crazy. There is an agenda here. You don't think every D player and coach doesn't want there players to knock the other teams O out? The amount of money is a pittance! The biggest question... who the f**k keeps 50,000 pages of said "illegal" acts for evidence to bust them should somebody squeal? This whole things smells funny!

Who the f*** keeps 50,000 pages of documents detailing an illegal act by a multi million, if not billion dollar corporation? The bigger multi billion dollar parent company that is the NFL does. The only agenda here is the NFL doing everything it can not to tarnish its image because of a disgraceful practice like this being exposed.

Also the way you phrase "should somebody squeal?" implies that you think the NFL was sitting on this and sweeping it under the rug and someone threatened to go public with it so the NFL threw it out there before they could. The NFL would be fools to do that.

Bottom line is that if this is a "common practice" among teams the NFL will be making an example of the saints to ensure that the practice goes away(or becomes incredibly well hidden). The fact that a coaches agent was contributing money makes this even worse then it just being a 1 team only thing it truly can implicate other teams and force NFL to investigate them as well. This matter isn't getting blown out of proportion at all, its just shocking because it wasn't just players but the GM, team assistants and employees, the defensive coordinator, the head coach, the head coaches agent and probably many more that were directly involved and knowledgeable of a situation that did result in multiple injuries and incidents that hurt other players.
Apparently, the Saints' owner instructed GM Mike Loomis in 2010 to stop any such activities. Loomis ignored his boss' instruction. Everyone from Loomis to Sean Payton to the assistant coaches and coordinators is guilty here. Loomis should be fired; the former DC (nor Rams DC) should be suspended for an entire year and told that if he is ever involved in anything of this sort again he will be banned from the NFL for life; the Saints should lose at least half their draft picks from this year; and any players or coaches who were involved should be substantially fined - in amounts far greater than the amounts they illegally paid for bounties on other players.

The punishment needs to be significant enough to deter future childish violations of this sort.

Any among you who think this practice of paying players to injure and possibly destroy the careers of other players is immature and childish. Anyone who thinks that might makes right, or that how many people you can beat up is a reflection of your success, is a little baby child who does not even deserve to participate in an adult discussion of these matters.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So lets be real. Do you not think it is possible the 49ers have a "bounty" program? The point is you would never know it unless this happened to you. Do you honestly think, as bad as our D is, this was possible? If someone would have said this was a team like the Steelers, I would have believed it. Shows you how much this Bounty mattered though huh, we still couldn't catch a cold, tackle my grandma in a wheelchair, or sack the QB even though 3/4 of the D was blitzing.

Yea in my post on the last page I said we could have one and I'd be ashamed of it. Also in my post above this I said the NFL will make an example of them to make it go away(or extremely well hidden).

so that bolded statement means your a Saints fan out trolling other forums.....typical - most of those posters on Blackandgold.com are making it a laughing matter because of the haphazard play from the team during the past season. That makes it even funnier if they were offering up money and pots for stats or hits and they were playing so terribly, maybe they were so wrapped up in trying to win that tax free $20K that they were forgetting their technique and getting burned....
So lets be real. Do you not think it is possible the 49ers have a "bounty" program? The point is you would never know it unless this happened to you. Do you honestly think, as bad as our D is, this was possible? If someone would have said this was a team like the Steelers, I would have believed it. Shows you how much this Bounty mattered though huh, we still couldn't catch a cold, tackle my grandma in a wheelchair, or sack the QB even though 3/4 of the D was blitzing.

Yea in my post on the last page I said we could have one and I'd be ashamed of it. Also in my post above this I said the NFL will make an example of them to make it go away(or extremely well hidden).

so that bolded statement means your a Saints fan out trolling other forums.....typical - most of those posters on Blackandgold.com are making it a laughing matter because of the haphazard play from the team during the past season. That makes it even funnier if they were offering up money and pots for stats or hits and they were playing so terribly, maybe they were so wrapped up in trying to win that tax free $20K that they were forgetting their technique and getting burned....

So what your are saying is that you were trolling our forum and just not man enough to contribute to the conversation? I am not trolling, I come by here all the time and would post if I felt I could add to the conversation. This is the NFL part of ya'lls forum right? Made to discuss with fans of other teams?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

lolz nice ADS.

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Apparently, the Saints' owner instructed GM Mike Loomis in 2010 to stop any such activities. Loomis ignored his boss' instruction. Everyone from Loomis to Sean Payton to the assistant coaches and coordinators is guilty here. Loomis should be fired; the former DC (nor Rams DC) should be suspended for an entire year and told that if he is ever involved in anything of this sort again he will be banned from the NFL for life; the Saints should lose at least half their draft picks from this year; and any players or coaches who were involved should be substantially fined - in amounts far greater than the amounts they illegally paid for bounties on other players.

The punishment needs to be significant enough to deter future childish violations of this sort.

Any among you who think this practice of paying players to injure and possibly destroy the careers of other players is immature and childish. Anyone who thinks that might makes right, or that how many people you can beat up is a reflection of your success, is a little baby child who does not even deserve to participate in an adult discussion of these matters.

The fact that Tom Benson knew about it and said "Stop" but left it alone is on par with what Paterno did at Penn State, rather then going above and beyond he simply washed his hands once he passed it on to the next person. Benson is just as guilty for not self-reporting it to the NFL.

On a serious not RIP JoePa, I dont mean to defame him but it is an appropriate comparison.

• mod
  • Veteran
i'm not saying it was a dirty hit... but the players seem too excited after laying injury to Kurt Warner... maybe it was just the interception though

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d815c4a78/Kurt-Warner-injury
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Post that s**t on the Aints board NOW!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So what your are saying is that you were trolling our forum and just not man enough to contribute to the conversation? I am not trolling, I come by here all the time and would post if I felt I could add to the conversation. This is the NFL part of ya'lls forum right? Made to discuss with fans of other teams?

oh good lord, dont get all butt hurt. Yea I wanted to see what saints fan were saying about it but I dont care enough to enough to engage in a meaningless conversation with someone who is just going to deny it and defend their team to the end(like any good fan would). I used the word trolling to describe the act of going to another teams forum when you really dont have any reason to go there. Sure I get the idea of adding to conversation with other avid fans but thats it, I dont have any ill will towards you or any saints fan, I just find it funny that fans from other teams go to other boards to have "civil conversation" with fans of a team that they dont like.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM ]

oh good lord, dont get all butt hurt. Yea I wanted to see what saints fan were saying about it but I dont care enough to enough to engage in a meaningless conversation with someone who is just going to deny it and defend their team to the end(like any good fan would). I used the word trolling to describe the act of going to another teams forum when you really dont have any reason to go there. Sure I get the idea of adding to conversation with other avid fans but thats it, I dont have any ill will towards you or any saints fan, I just find it funny that fans from other teams go to other boards to have "civil conversation" with fans of a team that they dont like.

Well then thats the problem. You Assume I dont like the 49ers. There is only one team that I truly cannot stand and thats the Falcons. Beleive me, I am not butt hurt in the least. What I find amazing is you equate this with a coach that turned a blind eye to someone molesting teenagers. Thats a bit much to say the least.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Well then thats the problem. You Assume I dont like the 49ers. There is only one team that I truly cannot stand and thats the Falcons. Beleive me, I am not butt hurt in the least. What I find amazing is you equate this with a coach that turned a blind eye to someone molesting teenagers. Thats a bit much to say the least.

I equated the action of passing off responsibility not the direct issue that each power figure had to deal with but the act of assuming they had done enough by simply saying no....good lord. dont go attacking something that is completely irrelevant.
Share 49ersWebzone