LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I always knew Greg Williams was a prick! Saints gonna get raped by the league and by opposing teams next year! I'm loving it!

So will the Rams lol, if only because they wont have a defensive coordinator for X amount of time.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I always knew Greg Williams was a prick! Saints gonna get raped by the league and by opposing teams next year! I'm loving it!

So will the Rams lol, if only because they wont have a defensive coordinator for X amount of time.

Very true! It's a win-win for the Niners!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Maybe the Saints franchise Drew Brees and actively let him negotiate with other teams so they can get their two 1sts back.

lol no one of the potential punishments being floated by media is that the Saints could lose the right to use the franchise tag for this year and possibly longer.

Won't happen. Too soon. They won't decide on punishments by the 5th.

Saints may consider trading Brees for two firsts under the franchise tag, if they anticipate not having a pick for the next couple years.

They've been investigating it for a year. I'm sure they've already got punishments laid out for it, not saying it'll happen but you know they already know what they're going to do.

Mort and Schefter said that Goodell will take his time to counsel "other teams, players, fans and league attorneys" for an appropriate punishment.
What the Saints did was wrong, and they deserve penalties for it.

Every team has fans that enjoy when their team injures the opposition. Just check our own Pain Train thread.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Wonder what their fans forum is saying about this sh*t now.....
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Ha! And that Saints forum said the 49ers were headhunting.

Well the difference there is, the 49ers' coaches don't have to pay our players extra money to hit hard!!

But all jokes aside, this is going to get pretty serious. Beyond the sportsmanship issues and potential for injury, that the league is so concerned with now, every single payment that was made (regardless of amount) was a violation of the salary cap. We lost draft picks for that, if I remember right? Something about Steve Young and Brent Jones getting extra payments? The Saints may have to trade some players for draft pics just to cover all the pics they may have to forfeit!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Mort and Schefter said that Goodell will take his time to counsel "other teams, players, fans and league attorneys" for an appropriate punishment.

i.e. approach those teams, players, fans and league attorneys with the pre-determined punishments and see if they need to be altered in anyway. If those parties dont have any objects to the proposed punishments it could happen very quickly. In fact I would think that other owners would want the Saints to reap their punishment sooner rather then later.
Won't happen. Too soon. They won't decide on punishments by the 5th.

Saints may consider trading Brees for two firsts under the franchise tag, if they anticipate not having a pick for the next couple years.

You're right, too soon. But that doesn't mean that if the Saints do tag Brees, that the NFL might not revoke it later. Which I assume would make Brees an immediate free agent, if a long term deal had not yet been struck.

Take away their Franchise Tag.
glad this came out before the draft
Take away hosting Super Bowl XLVII from New Orleans....give it to SF (the old 'Stick deserves one before she's blown up/swallowed by the Bay)
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Very Nice. Looks like #93 is doing all that he can to get paid...
This makes me REALY PISSED ABOUT THE PRESEASON....makes me wonder with the way they went after alex if maybe they were headhunting even in preseason...
Share 49ersWebzone