LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Ray Rice Fined for Stiff Arm

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Ray Rice just got a nice fine from the league by the way of $7,500 for stiff arming into the facemask of Rams cornerback Bradley Fletcher.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/14/ray-rice-fined-for-a-stiff-arm/

This is getting out of hand, IMO. Are we going to start giving fines for every damn penalty? Roger Goodell can kiss my ass.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
you gotta be kidding me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They are running the game big time. I watch old games from the 80s-90s and there so many things that would be penalty and a fine now days.

The niners probably would have lost "the catch" game because Eric Wright pulled down Drew Pearson with horse collar tackle.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Ray Rice just got a nice fine from the league by the way of $7,500 for stiff arming into the facemask of Rams cornerback Bradley Fletcher.

This is getting out of hand, IMO. Are we going to start giving fines for every damn penalty? Roger Goodell can kiss my ass.

Ass kissing is a 10 yard penalty, loss of down and a $25,000 fine.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by English:

Roger can come out here to redneck county and pickup his check from gun wielding hands.

Roger can come out here to redneck county and pickup his check from gun wielding hands.

Thought you lived in NY?
Burleson, Wright fined for socks Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2011, 7:28 AM EDT
Getty ImagesEvery October, the NFL loosens its obsessive-compulsive grip on the uniform rules, allowing players to accent their attire with pink.

In some cases, the pink becomes prevalent, from socks to cleats to gloves to mouthpieces to the "C" patch on the captain jerseys. Though it's done for the very good cause of breast cancer awareness (that said, there are many other very good causes that are excluded, such as a much-needed effort to cajole the sport's doctor-averse middle-aged male fans to get their prostates and colons checked), it's strange to see the league welcome the use, in non-uniform fashion, of a color that clashes with many teams' schemes and otherwise undermines the traditional concept and meaning of a uniform.

But even as the league declares that it's open season for the color pink, all other uniform rules remain in place, as Lions receiver Nate Burleson and cornerback Eric Wright are learning the hard way.

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, Burleson was fined $5,000 for not showing white in his socks on Monday night. Wright was fined an undisclosed amount for wearing all black socks.

We fully support the breast cancer awareness efforts. But we think the league should revisit the liberal and unrestrained use of pink, especially if the league otherwise is going to take money from players who stray from the chapter-and-verse requirements during a month in which the rule book regarding uniforms is dipped in a vat of Pepto Bismol.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Goodell is ruining the game.
Originally posted by Amir:
Goodell is ruining the game.

IS? more like he has and continues to ruin the game.

unnecessary roughness? on the quarterback? are you kidding me, coach?

this is what the NFL is really coming too?
This isn't funny anymore. Seriously. This a*****e has to go. How is the NFLPA standing for this?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Thought you lived in NY?

I did at one point, not for a long time though. I currently live in the farmlands of PA.
What the heck does the NFL do with all that fine money? I'm sure they say it goes to some charity. Yeah right!

Either way, Goddell is a tool! Sick and tired of him trying to turn the NFL into a flag football league!

Hey Vince McMahon, you want to try your XFL again? This time without all of the gimmicky announcers and cheerleaders!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
What the heck does the NFL do with all that fine money? I'm sure they say it goes to some charity. Yeah right!

Either way, Goddell is a tool! Sick and tired of him trying to turn the NFL into a flag football league!

Hey Vince McMahon, you want to try your XFL again? This time without all of the gimmicky announcers and cheerleaders!

I would almost assure you that a percentage of the fines go into the pockets of the people who make the rules and hand out the fines.
Share 49ersWebzone