They hatin on Kolb already

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Huego
  • Veteran
the tards defense is so bad, i love watching them get torched
Originally posted by Huego:
the tards defense is so bad, i love watching them get torched

it will imprive as weeks go on pp7 is looking better each week
I think Kolb is and will be a decent QB but he isn't going to be an All-Pro QB. The simple fact is the Cards gave up too much for him.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it will imprive as weeks go on pp7 is looking better each week

True but one corner can't solve all the problems they have. Kolb hasn't played enough to have a feel for the pocket. Watch them play and he looks afraid at times.
Originally posted by lamontb:
True but one corner can't solve all the problems they have. Kolb hasn't played enough to have a feel for the pocket. Watch them play and he looks afraid at times.

This, but wait till they finally realize they need to fix their Oline, he will get better.

Kind of like Alex smith with time.
I remember half the zone was calling for corn on the Kolb.

lol.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

lol.

This and I always said he wasn't worth our time. Now that he is on another team, I say wait a season before we fully crown him a bust.
Originally posted by CrabTheSwagKing:
Kolb is another product of Andy Reid's hype machine. Awful pocket presence, plays with no urgency. Alex Smith is better.

+1
He sure went from hot to Kolb.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Kolb will get better after more time as a starter / another offseason. He still wasn't worth the money, but needs more time. (this is his first full time starting gig, and alex got 7 years )

Agree Kolb will improve. His ceiling isn't all that high in my opinion, but he will get better. What you're seeing right now are growing pains. But the real lesson here is that Jim Harbaugh knows quarterbacks. Alex Smith is outperforming Kolb (under similar conditions), and we didn't have to give up anything to get him. A lot of people - both here and around the league - thought that Kolb was the better option for SF. Kudos to Harbaugh and Baalke.

REALLY glad we didn't morgage the farm on this guy. WAY over-rated.

He will soon be introduced to the Red Tide D.

lol.
The other half was me ...and I didnt want to trade anything for McNabb either.

lol.

Me was one.
Originally posted by communist:

lol.
The other half was me ...and I didnt want to trade anything for McNabb either.
This, I was hoping we didn't get him. I also wanted us to resign alex before the lockout started.. But it all worked out.
Share 49ersWebzone