There are 184 users in the forums

Vick, "Dream Team is Dead"

Shop 49ers game tickets
"The dream team ... that word is dead now," Vick said. "Can't talk dream team anymore. Maybe it put pressure on some players, maybe it didn't, but I think just the fact that it was lingering around and people were talking about it creates a sense of pressure.

"So it's over with. We're just one of the teams that's got to scratch and claw from the bottom.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7063196/michael-vick-says-dream-team-label-philadelphia-eagles-dead

look what we did......
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
"The dream team ... that word is dead now," Vick said. "Can't talk dream team anymore. Maybe it put pressure on some players, maybe it didn't, but I think just the fact that it was lingering around and people were talking about it creates a sense of pressure.

"So it's over with. We're just one of the teams that's got to scratch and claw from the bottom.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7063196/michael-vick-says-dream-team-label-philadelphia-eagles-dead

look what we did......

I still never understood how adding 1 CB from the Raiders, Vince Young, Ronnie Brown, and an injured Steve Smith made them a "dream" anyway... but good riddens
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

look what we did......

I still never understood how adding 1 CB from the Raiders, Vince Young, Ronnie Brown, and an injured Steve Smith made them a "dream" anyway... but good riddens

well it doesnt help when you got a press corner playing zone, first mufuker to stop the run. Stupid scheme. Got a damn Oline coaching D.
Dream Killers

I mean they DID have a splashy offseason...you just failed to mention their 2nd and 3rd biggest additions- Cullen Jenkins and Jason Babin
Normally, the Niners just badly injure the opposing players. This week, they killed the whole TEAM.
nice to destroy someone elses dreams for a change rather than having our dreams destroyed f**k the eagles, paybacks a b***h
Originally posted by cornbread:
well it doesnt help when you got a press corner playing zone, first mufuker to stop the run. Stupid scheme. Got a damn Oline coaching D.

i never understood that. out of all the people on your coaching staff to coach your talented defense... you pick the oline coach.

Pfft, they shouldn't have been calling themselves that anyway. They got a capable backup quarterback and an overpaid corner, and all of a sudden they're a dream team? Come on!
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Well, when you add 2 Pro Bowl Cornerbacks (Asomugha, Rodgers-Cromartie), Vince Young (a former starter), Ronnie Brown (a former pro bowler) and Steve Smith (a former starter) to a team that went 10-6 and already consisted of Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Samuel, Nate Allen, and a couple more pro bowlers... you have reason to be excited. They let it all go to their head, just like the Miami Heat did. I'm sure they'll pick it up soon.
What a way to kill the dream of your team, good job Vick!
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Pfft, they shouldn't have been calling themselves that anyway. They got a capable backup quarterback and an overpaid corner, and all of a sudden they're a dream team? Come on!

Oh man I loved when Crabtree made Nnamdi look stupid like 3 times on that sideline catch,
Miami should told them what a huge mistake that was.
Share 49ersWebzone