There are 233 users in the forums

Rams could go 0-7

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we can manage to be 3-3 at the bye week id be happy with that

4-2 is the only acceptable record.

5-1 would be better.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM ]
I had the silliest hypothetical debate with a Rams fan yesterday....regarding a scenario that isn't even going to freaking happen.

He couldn't grasp the idea, that if the Rams by some insanely odd chance ended up with the 1st overall pick, that it would be a jackpot sort of scenario...

..as he just assumed they would just pass on drafting Luck, and take Blackmon or Jeffery....when in reality, anyone who has followed offseason NFL and the Draft know that if the Rams couldn't simply trade that pick for an awesome stockpile of picks to go along with their own, they could just draft Luck...and then offer up either Bradford or Luck ...for again, a stockpile of surely some great draft choices.

In either scenario of trading either of those Quarterbacks, they get a franchise Quarterback in addition to a ton of picks, and that is what a dynasty is made of. However this guy still thought the suggestion was foolish and that the rams would surely just draft a WR first overall.

I could have sworn... Franchise Quarterback + Draft picks, draft picks everywhere > Franchise Quarterback and a talented, but unproven receiver..
Originally posted by MaliCali:
I had the silliest hypothetical debate with a Rams fan yesterday....regarding a scenario that isn't even going to freaking happen.

He couldn't grasp the idea, that if the Rams by some insanely odd chance ended up with the 1st overall pick, that it would be a jackpot sort of scenario...

..as he just assumed they would just pass on drafting Luck, and take Blackmon or Jeffery....when in reality, anyone who has followed offseason NFL and the Draft know that if the Rams couldn't simply trade that pick for an awesome stockpile of picks to go along with their own, they could just draft Luck...and then offer up either Bradford or Luck ...for again, a stockpile of surely some great draft choices.

In either scenario of trading either of those Quarterbacks, they get a franchise Quarterback in addition to a ton of picks, and that is what a dynasty is made of. However this guy still thought the suggestion was foolish and that the rams would surely just draft a WR first overall.

I could have sworn... Franchise Quarterback + Draft picks, draft picks everywhere > Franchise Quarterback and a talented, but unproven receiver..

yeah and Luck is way better than Bradford. I don't think Bradford is a franchise QB.
Well clearly Luck is far and away better, that's why I don't think there is a single team in the league that would even pass on him, regardless of who they even have on their roster, whether they want to groom him or take the benefits of the massive trade value he'll demand in that sort of situation.

I won't discount Bradford as a franchise guy just yet, we've all seen sophomore slumps in young quarterbacks. I mean obviously for our sake we'd like to hope he isn't, but most if not all of the league still regards him as probably one of the best up-and-comers, so plenty of teams would definitely be interested if he was made available, though Luck would still be the more coveted player.
If Rams end up last place in league do they draft luck?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Rams are not the worst team in the NFL. They will win some games
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Trade
I think they'll play with their hair on fire against the Skins and get a win, then lose the next three.
Originally posted by susweel:

Trade

give them all our draft picks for luck lol...
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Rams are not the worst team in the NFL. They will win some games

I agree, they just got a brutal beginning schedule. My thoughts are that regardless if niners schedule starts to get harder and the rams schedule lightens up, if they are 0-7, I think from a psychological standpoint they will not recover to be a threat to the division. They could have that record before facing any NFC west foe. I have to believe the niners should at least split and perhaps the cards v rams split. That is nine losses even if they sweep all their other games which is no certainty....

I don't think so, Bradford was signed before the new CBA so they have a lot of money invested in him. They trade but don't get too much value.....
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Same old sorry ass Rams
Originally posted by Paul:
Same old sorry ass Rams

But I thought they got to be champions bc they paid Bradford $80M... oh well.

No, best offensive player not being a QB
This is what happens when the media overhypes a team. The Rams are a crappy team with a great RB. Nothing more than that.
Share 49ersWebzone