Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he's wrong; its Cam Newton.

lmao
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he's wrong; its Cam Newton.

lmao

I thought Thighs Man was fired last year.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i think theisman's brain is in his leg.

I think you might be right. I love Rodgers, but Theismann is an idiot.
Rodgers has a very rare blend of power and touch. He would produce in any offense.

The guy will end up in the "best ever" talk.

He is a all time tier 1 passer allready.....
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Can't see how you can definitely say that it's not true. Theismann is not saying the complete package; only in throwing the football. He throws a beautiful football. Very quick released-up), accurate, can make all the throws. Yea . . . its plausible.

You can denigrade Theismann ( I also think that he's a bit of a wanker) but he's not Always wrong. Also, for what it's worth, Dungy, in the build-up to last Sunday night's game said: If he had to select one player around whom to build a team from scratch, it would be Rodgers. (over Brady, over Peyton Manning (a healthy one obviously))

But, once again, he didn't say greatest currently playing. And I suspect the only reason you would pick him right now is because he is younger. Start Manning, Brady and Rogers at the same age and most people, I suspect, would pick him third.

And up against the true greats, sorry but he still has a long way to go. He may make it, he is young enough, but he may not. Ridiculous hyperbole.

I don't think that you're reading correctly into what Theismann is saying (which is also different from what Dungy said, so we'll leave that aside).

I don't believe that he's saying that Rodgers is the greatest QB ever (which is what you're concluding that he's saying) as much as, in his opinion, Rodgers throws the best looking passes he's seen. There's a big difference. He's talking about release, ball trajectory, accuracy, placement. There's a lot more that goes into playing QB than just that. Rodgers is not in that conversation yet; meaning the "best QB" conversation.

Personally, the guys who to my mind stood out in "throwing the football" were Joe Namath and Dan Marino. And, yes, I do think that Rodgers fits into that category and is the best pure passer currently playing. I would not say that he is the best QB currently playing. And I wouldn't say that he is even close to being the best QB of all time, right now. IMO that was Joe Montana (even though as a close contemporary Marino was the better "passer").

It's Theismann's opinion. I can see where he's coming from. And I don't find it ridiculous.
[ Edited by Rsrkshn on Sep 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM ]
f**k Rodgers and his nut huggers.

That is all.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

That is all.

sore booty Alex fan?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That is all.

sore booty Alex fan?

Has nothing to do with Alex. I hate packer scum, and anything associated with that organization.

That is all.

sore booty Alex fan?

Has nothing to do with Alex. I hate packer scum, and anything associated with that organization.

+1

Can't see how you can definitely say that it's not true. Theismann is not saying the complete package; only in throwing the football. He throws a beautiful football. Very quick released-up), accurate, can make all the throws. Yea . . . its plausible.

You can denigrade Theismann ( I also think that he's a bit of a wanker) but he's not Always wrong. Also, for what it's worth, Dungy, in the build-up to last Sunday night's game said: If he had to select one player around whom to build a team from scratch, it would be Rodgers. (over Brady, over Peyton Manning (a healthy one obviously))

But, once again, he didn't say greatest currently playing. And I suspect the only reason you would pick him right now is because he is younger. Start Manning, Brady and Rogers at the same age and most people, I suspect, would pick him third.

And up against the true greats, sorry but he still has a long way to go. He may make it, he is young enough, but he may not. Ridiculous hyperbole.

I don't think that you're reading correctly into what Theismann is saying (which is also different from what Dungy said, so we'll leave that aside).

I don't believe that he's not saying that Rodgers is the greatest QB ever (which is what you're concluding that he's saying) as much as, in his opinion, Rodgers throws the best looking passes he's seen. There's a big difference. He's talking about release, ball trajectory, accuracy, placement. There's a lot more that goes into playing QB than just that. Rodgers is not in that conversation yet; meaning the "best QB" conversation.

Personally, the guys who to my mind stood out in "throwing the football" were Joe Namath and Dan Marino. And, yes, I do think that Rodgers fits into that category and is the best pure passer currently playing. I would not say that he is the best QB currently playing. And I wouldn't say that he is even close to being the best QB of all time, right now. IMO that was Joe Montana (even though as a close contemporary Marino was the better "passer").

It's Theismann's opinion. I can see where he's coming from. And I don't find it ridiculous.

But the latest from NFL Network analyst Joe Theismann should open some eyes.

?Rodgers, in my personal opinion, is the greatest quarterback when it comes to throwing the football ever to play the game,? Theismann said on ?Playbook? Friday. ?The release, the quickness he gets it out, the spin on the ball, the position of the ball, everything is absolutely dead perfect. It isn?t just once or twice, its repeated time after time.?

The greatest quarterback when it comes to throwing the ball ever to play the game. Unitas, possibly. Marino, very possible. Montana, oh yeah.

I cant be bothered to argue about what I said/what you think I said etc.

That is all.

sore booty Alex fan?

You didn't know? If you don't root for the Packers now you're an "Alex lover."

Yet another indication of how far our fans have fallen.

?Rodgers, in my personal opinion, is the greatest quarterback when it comes to throwing the football ever to play the game,? Theismann said on ?Playbook? Friday. ?The release, the quickness he gets it out, the spin on the ball, the position of the ball, everything is absolutely dead perfect. It isn?t just once or twice, its repeated time after time.?

The greatest quarterback when it comes to throwing the ball ever to play the game. Unitas, possibly. Marino, very possible. Montana, oh yeah.

Montana?

He is not on any serious top 4. Not as a passer.

He was a system QB that was clutch.

I agree he is the BEST QB of all time , but he is not he is not in the Moon,Manning,Marino,Johny u lvl when it comes to throwing a football......mainly due to his lack of velocity.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Montana?

He is not on any serious top 4. Not as a passer.

He was a system QB that was clutch.

I agree he is the BEST QB of all time , but he is not he is not in the Moon,Manning,Marino,Johny u lvl when it comes to throwing a football......mainly due to his lack of velocity.

I agree with you, there is a difference between being a great passer and a great QB. Lots of QBs throw a great football, doesn't mean they are great QBs.

Aaron Rodgers passes are pretty sick, his spiral is insanely tight, he has a super fast release, excellent accuracy, tons of velocity....I just don't get how you can knock Aaron Rodgers passing ability.

A lot of you are reacting to the comment as ridiculous based on AR being a pretty young QB with *only* one SB ring. Barring some horrible injury, AR is going to end up in the record books as one of the most productive passers of all time.

I don't believe that he's not saying that Rodgers is the greatest QB ever (which is what you're concluding that he's saying) as much as, in his opinion, Rodgers throws the best looking passes he's seen. There's a big difference. He's talking about release, ball trajectory, accuracy, placement. There's a lot more that goes into playing QB than just that. Rodgers is not in that conversation yet; meaning the "best QB" conversation.

I think you should read his post. I don't know how Rsrkshn could have been any clearer.
Share 49ersWebzone