There are 245 users in the forums

Trade for Tolzien in San Diego

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lets be honest, Tolzien looks like the real deal. San Diego usually carries 2 qb's, rivers and Volek, however if they cut Tolzien he would probably not clear the waiver wire to reach San Francisco.

Offer up the choice of one player in a trade. Ian Williams, Tukufua, Persons, Tony Wragee, and maybe even gulp Dobbs.

Lets be honest, our first teamer has a one year deal, then next year it would be Kapernick and Tolzien and a third qb tbd.
  • AZZ
  • Veteran
After last nights game I knew I would see this come up…ya he looked pretty good..but against people that won’t be playing in the NFL in about 6 days. I wouldn’t mind picking him up but nothing to get excited over.
im not willing to trade any of the players you mentioned for a back up qb
trade alex smith for him. surriously
i wouldnt trade for him, id wait to see if the Chargers cut him or put him on the PS which they wont, lets just pick up Froman and cut Kaep
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
[insertsmileyshootingitself]
Originally posted by valrod33:
i wouldnt trade for him, id wait to see if the Chargers cut him or put him on the PS which they wont, lets just pick up Froman and cut Kaep

Originally posted by Janitor:

Why isnt there a suicide smiley? Thats what you need in NT round draft time
I was thinking we should look at picking him up if the Chargers go with 2 qb's (cut McCown), but I wouldn't trade for him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
So why would the Chargers trade a promising young QB ? Why wouldn't they want to keep him as the 3/scout team QB for now and develop him to be the backup ?

The only way they would likely deal him is if someone was willing to overpay at this point and the above listed players won't cut it. I mean c'mon man!

My friend at work who is a big Chargers fan said that he has looked pretty bad before last nights game. So he played well against the 49ers. I'm not sure that makes him someone we have to get.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Janitor:

^^^
Originally posted by KRS-1:
So why would the Chargers trade a promising young QB ? Why wouldn't they want to keep him as the 3/scout team QB for now and develop him to be the backup ?

The only way they would likely deal him is if someone was willing to overpay at this point and the above listed players won't cut it. I mean c'mon man!

This. And also, let's be honest.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
trade alex smith for him. surriously

and throw in Kaperpick.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
im not willing to trade any of the players you mentioned for a back up qb

The players mentione, they are all interhcangeable with players that will be on the bubble.

If they take Ian Willaims, you keep Dobbs and Tukupai sp

If they take dobbs, you keep williams and tukupai

if they take tukupai you keep williams and dobbs

Wragge- is on bubble anyways, with a rook minimum contract of 910K he probably will be cut for a cheaper minimum player of 500KJ
Share 49ersWebzone