There are 625 users in the forums
Should Clausen give/sell his number (2) to Newton
Should Clausen give/sell his number (2) to Newton
May 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM
- ace49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,427
Must suck being clausen, just finished his rookie season and now looking at possibly having his number taken by the next rookie class. How often does that happen.
May 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
sell it for $50 million
May 4, 2011 at 3:57 PM
- Otter
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by valrod33:
I wouldnt give it up, unless Cam offered some crazy amount of money.
It sends a message to Cam, if you want my jersey and my spot you gotta work for it.
That's basically my feeling too. That was Steve Young's argument as well. This is my team, you can have it when you take it from me, but I'm not just going to bend over and take it from some unproven rookie. If they weren't competing for the same job it might be different.
May 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM
- Youngone
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,667
No. He needs to man up and not let him take his job either. I bet they throw Clausen to the wolves though this year to see if he'll have any trade value.
May 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM
- danimal
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,705
no because if there is an ounce of competition; which there is, then that precludes you from honorably deferring to the other guy. paid or not.
For the record. Since Alex Smith, Clausen is the only guy to score lower with me in my scouting
For the record. Since Alex Smith, Clausen is the only guy to score lower with me in my scouting
May 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM
- 9erfanAUS
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,281
Originally posted by Youngone:
No. He needs to man up and not let him take his job either. I bet they throw Clausen to the wolves though this year to see if he'll have any trade value.
Clausen has very little trade value at the moment. His rookie year was almost has bad as Alex Smith's rookie year, if not worse.
I don't think that there's much that Clausen can do that will raise his trade value either. If anything, it will further sink with that horrendous team. His trade value is higher now than it will be went he hits the regular season (if he starts).
-9fA
May 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,143
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:Originally posted by Youngone:
No. He needs to man up and not let him take his job either. I bet they throw Clausen to the wolves though this year to see if he'll have any trade value.
Clausen has very little trade value at the moment. His rookie year was almost has bad as Alex Smith's rookie year, if not worse.
I don't think that there's much that Clausen can do that will raise his trade value either. If anything, it will further sink with that horrendous team. His trade value is higher now than it will be went he hits the regular season (if he starts).
-9fA
Actually it was better I checked the stats.
May 4, 2011 at 5:05 PM
- 9erfanAUS
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,281
Originally posted by susweel:Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:Originally posted by Youngone:
No. He needs to man up and not let him take his job either. I bet they throw Clausen to the wolves though this year to see if he'll have any trade value.
Clausen has very little trade value at the moment. His rookie year was almost has bad as Alex Smith's rookie year, if not worse.
I don't think that there's much that Clausen can do that will raise his trade value either. If anything, it will further sink with that horrendous team. His trade value is higher now than it will be went he hits the regular season (if he starts).
-9fA
Actually it was better I checked the stats.
Ah, I would have thought so. Alex Smith pretty much set the standard for rookie season QB ineptitude.
-9fA
May 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
Sell it. He needs to get all the $$ out of his short career as possible.
May 4, 2011 at 5:34 PM
- TheFunkyChicken
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,364
I would tell Cam he can have my number when he's driven me off the team.
But if I'm on the team I'm competing for the starting job every day. And I'm not giving up the number as long as I'm in that competition.
But if I'm on the team I'm competing for the starting job every day. And I'm not giving up the number as long as I'm in that competition.
May 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM
- canadian49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,472
f**k no, not to no damn rook!
May 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM
- JDog
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,173
Hell no. If he's so damn good why dont he just take #1? I wouldnt if I was Clausen
May 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM
- Paul
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,729
I have feeling Clausen won't even be on the team next year
May 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM
- HessianDud
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,995
Originally posted by Paul:
I have feeling Clausen won't even be on the team next year
exactly. might as well sell the number and get some $ now so that he can have some capital to open a McDonald's franchise or something once he gets cut.
May 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM
- TonyStarks
- Veteran
- Posts: 63,021
I wouldn't mind giving Clausen a shot here for cheap.
Alex Smith is like the Dubyas' of first round QB's. I don't care who's next.
Alex Smith is like the Dubyas' of first round QB's. I don't care who's next.