LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Patriots safety accused of shooting 2 men

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://deadspin.com/#!5780444/patriots-safety-brandon-meriweather-allegedly-guns-down-two-men-during-brawl

Luke O'Brien— New England Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather allegedly shot two men, one of them in the head, during a fight on Feb. 27 outside a house party in Apopka, Fla., according to John Morgan, attorney for the victims.

The trouble started at the Blue Jeans Lounge in Apokpa when a friend of Meriweather's allegedly beat up a woman, according to Morgan. The woman's brother arrived later with his own friend, and the conflagration shifted to a nearby party, where the brother soon got the better of Meriweather's friend in a fight. That's when Meriweather allegedly pulled out his gun and fired at the brother, grazing the man's face and hitting the other victim in the head, according to Morgan.

"He's extremely lucky to be alive," Morgan said.
Wow
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wow

Sheesh.

I ain't saying to tie people down but owners should have clauses in contracts where everything is void if there's an issue in a night club or something like that or during a certain time of night...
[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM ]
i knew exactly who you were talking about when i read the title. dumbass.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Innocent until proven guilty....no ?

Quote:
The legal guardian for Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather has heard the allegations against the person he helped raise. And Tim Bridges left no doubt on his stance.

“It’s not true,” Bridges told me in a phone conversation a minute ago.

Bridges told me that there’s “no truth to the rumors” that Meriweather was the shooter in an Apopka, Fla., incident from two weeks ago. Yes, he was in town, but Bridges had no knowledge of Meriweather being at the apparent scene of the incident.

“I’m sure the attorneys will handle whatever needs to be handled,” said Bridges, who Meriweather calls, Pops. “‘Everything will come out if there’s anything to come out. But statements have been given by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department that Brandon Meriweather is not a victim, nor a person of interest in any shooting.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/03/10/the-legal-guardian-for-patriots-safety-brandon-meriweather-says-of-allegations-its-not-true/
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Quote:
The legal guardian for Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather has heard the allegations against the person he helped raise. And Tim Bridges left no doubt on his stance.

Bridges told me that there’s “no truth to the rumors” that Meriweather was the shooter in an Apopka, Fla., incident from two weeks ago. Yes, he was in town, but Bridges had no knowledge of Meriweather being at the apparent scene of the incident.

“I’m sure the attorneys will handle whatever needs to be handled,” said Bridges, who Meriweather calls, Pops. “‘Everything will come out if there’s anything to come out. But statements have been given by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department that Brandon Meriweather is not a victim, nor a person of interest in any shooting.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/03/10/the-legal-guardian-for-patriots-safety-brandon-meriweather-says-of-allegations-its-not-true/

True but this quote is full of bias or possible denial as a guardian usually would.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Quote:

Well he hasn't been arrested, which says a lot.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Quote:

yup, he is obviously on the run, damn fugitives

Its time to call Tommy Lee Jones
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Janitor:

Quote:

yup, he is obviously on the run, damn fugitives

Its time to call Tommy Lee Jones

Did someone say "The Fugitive"?

whatever happened, and whoever was involved, it certainly sounds like a classy night out!

Originally posted by HessianDud:
whatever happened, and whoever was involved, it certainly sounds like a classy night out!

The first initiative of the NFL on rookies should be to get them hooked on wine so nights like these don't happen. Yes, even the 20-year olds.
Safety my ass.
so he shots somebody and instead of the police the lawyer is talking to a blog. That makes perfect sense.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Safety my ass.

bros before hos
Share 49ersWebzone