LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 83 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'll be shocked if Harbaugh doesn't turn the Chargers into contenders. They have some good pieces and a young talented QB. Jim has won at every level and turned terrible teams into really good teams.
we were not terrible

Agree, we were not terrible, we were *very* terrible.
This

Yup. The team had a lot of talent, but that 0 - 5 start sucked the life out of me. I knew were weren't 0 - 5 levels of bad. but I had no confidence in our ability to play up to a respectable level.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'll be shocked if Harbaugh doesn't turn the Chargers into contenders. They have some good pieces and a young talented QB. Jim has won at every level and turned terrible teams into really good teams.
we were not terrible

Agree, we were not terrible, we were *very* terrible.
This

Yup. The team had a lot of talent, but that 0 - 5 start sucked the life out of me. I knew were weren't 0 - 5 levels of bad. but I had no confidence in our ability to play up to a respectable level.

I was so bummed in 2010 with that start. I knew we were better than that but we weren't putting together on the field. We had Alex smith, gore, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, Willis, Justin smith, bowman, and others. Harbaugh came in 2011 and turned it around. What a great feeling that was that year!
whoa

Not gonna read the entire thread but jeez, Harbaugh and Herbert are like oil and water. Big knock on Justin is he's California cool, bit of a quiet introvert and not a huge rah rah leader. Doens't mean he's not a good QB, he is. But I don't see him and Jim meshing very well. Plus Harbaugh is a run first coach.

I predict they trade Herbert for two number ones eventually....Just hope he doesn't go to Seattle.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
whoa

I hope we get Deion Sanders as our DC at some point down the road once Wilks gets a HC position after beating KC's offense in his first Superbowl win.
whoa

He's building 49ers AFC. I wish they were still in San Diego. I would go to some games.
whoa

whoa

I hope we get Deion Sanders as our DC at some point down the road once Wilks gets a HC position after beating KC's offense in his first Superbowl win.

Rather have DC Uncle Sherm instead…
cool!

(At the 5-yard line in the Superbowl)
he literally said, "wish we would've run the ball. Wish we would've taken a crack with Frank Gore and a couple more carries"
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Feb 10, 2024 at 5:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
cool!

he literally said, "wish we would've run the ball. Wish we would've taken a crack with Frank Gore and a couple more carries"

Good to know

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
cool!

If we run Gore 3 times down there we get in IMO. Wasn't it over 1:30 left? It was more than that. I really don't want to watch that again. I don't remember the timeout situation. But even with none there was enough time to run him 3 times. At least 2 for sure and I think we probably get in if he does. Throwing 3 times incomplete was crazy.
Harbaugh should turn that Chargers football program around pretty quickly.

It's what he does (San Diego, Stanford, 49ers, Michigan).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
whoa

Rather have DC Uncle Sherm instead…

Thats another great choice, the only thing I'd say is that Deion is closer to the NFL coaching than is Richard. Richard was a communications major and I think he'd like to have a media career first (like Griese) then maybe go into coaching.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Harbaugh should turn that Chargers football program around pretty quickly.

It's what he does (San Diego, Stanford, 49ers, Michigan).

He did it with all of those. They have talent. Just no results. It's ripe for a turnaround.
whoa

It's official
Share 49ersWebzone