Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 602 users in the forums

Roger Goodell

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!

I agree.

I want Paul Tagliabue back.

yes sir

I'm actually excited about NCAAF this year. I get to pick out a team hahaha. Any suggestions?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!

I agree.

I want Paul Tagliabue back.

yes sir

I'm actually excited about NCAAF this year. I get to pick out a team hahaha. Any suggestions?

Cal Bears
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!

I agree.

I want Paul Tagliabue back.

yes sir

I'm actually excited about NCAAF this year. I get to pick out a team hahaha. Any suggestions?

Cal Bears

I used to wear a Cal hat everyday back in High School. I just liked the hat though. I figure I'll watch a few teams and hopefully by mid season I will have a favorite.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!

I agree.

I want Paul Tagliabue back.

yes sir

I'm actually excited about NCAAF this year. I get to pick out a team hahaha. Any suggestions?

Cal Bears

I used to wear a Cal hat everyday back in High School. I just liked the hat though. I figure I'll watch a few teams and hopefully by mid season I will have a favorite.

You should check out a game at the memorial stadium. Or go up the mountain and get drunk/high and watch the game from there.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!

I agree.

I want Paul Tagliabue back.

yes sir

I'm actually excited about NCAAF this year. I get to pick out a team hahaha. Any suggestions?

Cal Bears

I used to wear a Cal hat everyday back in High School. I just liked the hat though. I figure I'll watch a few teams and hopefully by mid season I will have a favorite.

You should check out a game at the memorial stadium. Or go up the mountain and get drunk/high and watch the game from there.

Can I choose D) All of the above?
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!



no you're not.
Rules defining a defenseless player will be expanded and now will include eight categories:

• A quarterback in the act of throwing;

• A receiver trying to catch a pass;

• A runner already in the grasp of tacklers and having his forward progress stopped;

• A player fielding a punt or a kickoff;

• A kicker or punter during the kick;

• A quarterback at any time after change of possession;

• A receiver who receives a blind-side block;

• A player already on the ground

Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by backontop:
The NFL has gone down hill every season since Goodell has taken over. I'm not a big college football guy but I'm about this close l--l to saying screw the NFL!



no you're not.

and you know this how? Why watch the NFL when thanks to Goodell it isn't even football anymore? NCAAF all the way!
My problem with Goodell is that he's diluting the importance of football games. It used to be simple: Sunday was for football and MNF followed. Towards the end of the year you had Thanksgiving games and a few Saturday games around Christmas. Now we see way too much Thursday football. IIRC, I think a few extra Saturday games were added as well. I also could give a f**k about international games but that's not a huge concern.

If the NFL switches to 18 games, my interest will greatly veer off. MORE IS NOT BETTER. I also dislike how he misrepresents the stance of season ticket holders by claiming that they want 18 regular season games. That's BS. What the season ticker owners want is to NOT have to pay for 10 regular season games when 2 of those are preseason games. That does not equate to wanting 18 games but Goodell sure tries to spin it that way.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,272
More rules about hitting just passed and there is still a lock out.


Ug
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Rules defining a defenseless player will be expanded and now will include eight categories:

• A quarterback in the act of throwing;

• A receiver trying to catch a pass;

• A runner already in the grasp of tacklers and having his forward progress stopped;

• A player fielding a punt or a kickoff;

• A kicker or punter during the kick;

• A quarterback at any time after change of possession;

• A receiver who receives a blind-side block;

• A player already on the ground


No hits under those conditions? Not playing football anymore.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Rules defining a defenseless player will be expanded and now will include eight categories:

• A quarterback in the act of throwing;

• A receiver trying to catch a pass;

• A runner already in the grasp of tacklers and having his forward progress stopped;

• A player fielding a punt or a kickoff;

• A kicker or punter during the kick;

• A quarterback at any time after change of possession;

• A receiver who receives a blind-side block;

• A player already on the ground


LOL wait so is he still allowed to tackle the guy with the ball? That is asinine. He becomes a defender after an INT/fumble. You can damn well bet that there are gonna be QBs who after throwing an INT will try to run down a defender...and those guys should be open game to be blocked.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,083
Quote:
Chargers | Kevin Burnett calls Roger Goodell a liar
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:17:48 -0700

San Diego Chargers LB Kevin Burnett blasted commissioner Roger Goodell in an interview with a San Diego radio station, calling him a liar, reports Bill Willamson, of ESPN.com. "Goodell's full of it. He's a liar," Burnett said. "You're a blatant liar. 'It's our league, it's we, we love the players, we want the league,' but what have you done for the players? What have you done, in all honesty, to improve the game, besides fine guys, besides take money away from guys, besides change a game that you've never played? … He's done nothing to improve the game."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#ixzz1GsVQDjkS

Kevin Burnett!!!!
Originally posted by Leathaface:
My problem with Goodell is that he's diluting the importance of football games. It used to be simple: Sunday was for football and MNF followed. Towards the end of the year you had Thanksgiving games and a few Saturday games around Christmas. Now we see way too much Thursday football. IIRC, I think a few extra Saturday games were added as well. I also could give a f**k about international games but that's not a huge concern.

If the NFL switches to 18 games, my interest will greatly veer off. MORE IS NOT BETTER. I also dislike how he misrepresents the stance of season ticket holders by claiming that they want 18 regular season games. That's BS. What the season ticker owners want is to NOT have to pay for 10 regular season games when 2 of those are preseason games. That does not equate to wanting 18 games but Goodell sure tries to spin it that way.

Leathaface, we agree on something!

I cannot wait for Goodell to leave. IMO, Goodell does not seem to have the fan's best interests at heart, he seems more of a person who strives to win the support of the owners. However, I can understand his motives - it's the owners who actually vote in the commissioner and if it's one thing that all the owners all agree upon, it's that they all want a better return on their investment.

I think that this leads to the heart of the problem, and that is that the Commissioner should be not be the primary NFL representative and also the primary representative of the owners.

Furthermore, I agree with you on Thursday games. Thursday night football is one of the worst ideas in the world. The quality of play is always subpar and a bore. It also doesn't help that the NFL loves to schedule 49er games on a Thursday.

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,083
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
My problem with Goodell is that he's diluting the importance of football games. It used to be simple: Sunday was for football and MNF followed. Towards the end of the year you had Thanksgiving games and a few Saturday games around Christmas. Now we see way too much Thursday football. IIRC, I think a few extra Saturday games were added as well. I also could give a f**k about international games but that's not a huge concern.

If the NFL switches to 18 games, my interest will greatly veer off. MORE IS NOT BETTER. I also dislike how he misrepresents the stance of season ticket holders by claiming that they want 18 regular season games. That's BS. What the season ticker owners want is to NOT have to pay for 10 regular season games when 2 of those are preseason games. That does not equate to wanting 18 games but Goodell sure tries to spin it that way.

Leathaface, we agree on something!

I cannot wait for Goodell to leave. IMO, Goodell does not seem to have the fan's best interests at heart, he seems more of a person who strives to win the support of the owners. However, I can understand his motives - it's the owners who actually vote in the commissioner and if it's one thing that all the owners all agree upon, it's that they all want a better return on their investment.

I think that this leads to the heart of the problem, and that is that the Commissioner should be not be the primary NFL representative and also the primary representative of the owners.

Furthermore, I agree with you on Thursday games. Thursday night football is one of the worst ideas in the world. The quality of play is always subpar and a bore. It also doesn't help that the NFL loves to schedule 49er games on a Thursday.

-9fA

And lets not forget, Thursday night games is only on NFL Network which probably only half the people in the U.S. have.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone