LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Payton Hillis and Toby Gerheart- The Great White Hope @ RB?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Um Peyton Hillis?

A guy having 4 carries for 20 yards made you so excited that you had to start this thread?

I guess you don't work at the Psychic Hotline

lol Back when Denver was trading him I wanted to deal for him and people like jojo called me a dumbass.

btw earlier jojo said that Hillis is a tailback and not comparable to Alstott, he's partially wrong. Hillis started his career in Denver as a fullback for Shanahan in the WCO. He's a fullback who can run much like LeRon McClain.

That's because in Shanahan's old denver scheme a lot of RBs who had no experience playing FB did so. Mike Bell is a good example of this. Hillis hasn't played a single snap of fullback this year. The Alstott comparison is 100% due to race. Just like how every white wide receiver 'plays like wes welker'

lol So because he hasn't played it this year he's not one, even though he played it every year before this in his NFL career? He can play fullback, especially in a WCO system. Alstott happened to be a big back who could run and block, so he played fullback. Hillis is kind of similar. Just because white recievers always get compared to Wes Welker doesn't mean that comparing Hillis to Alstott is racist.

Hillis was a tailback in college. Alstott NEVER played tailback. So I still fail to see any comparison whatsoever. Quit trying to backtrack and now say 'well Hillis COULD be a fullback cus he's big n white'. No, he's a running back. Why in the world would you make such an effective runner in a lead blocker? Dumb dumb dumb. They're running styles aren't even similar. If anything, I'd compare Hillis to an Eddie George type. But, I know that's probably hard for you to comprehend because they aren't the same color.

I'm not f**king backtracking dude. HE PLAYED FULL BACK IN THE NFL PRIOR TO GOING TO CLEVELAND. FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS OF HIS CAREER, HE WAS A FULL BACK. WHAT THE f**k PART OF THAT IS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND? You don't need to always be a condescending jerk to people to get your point across, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO A PLAYERS COLLEGE CAREER TO TRY TO PROVE SOMEONE WRONG.

Why in the world would you make such an effect runner a lead blocker? I don't know, go ask 2 TIME SUPERBOWL WINNING COACH MIKE SHANAHAN. That was his decision obviously, not f**king mine.
Um Peyton Hillis?

A guy having 4 carries for 20 yards made you so excited that you had to start this thread?

lol Back when Denver was trading him I wanted to deal for him and people like jojo called me a dumbass.

btw earlier jojo said that Hillis is a tailback and not comparable to Alstott, he's partially wrong. Hillis started his career in Denver as a fullback for Shanahan in the WCO. He's a fullback who can run much like LeRon McClain.

That's because in Shanahan's old denver scheme a lot of RBs who had no experience playing FB did so. Mike Bell is a good example of this. Hillis hasn't played a single snap of fullback this year. The Alstott comparison is 100% due to race. Just like how every white wide receiver 'plays like wes welker'

lol So because he hasn't played it this year he's not one, even though he played it every year before this in his NFL career? He can play fullback, especially in a WCO system. Alstott happened to be a big back who could run and block, so he played fullback. Hillis is kind of similar. Just because white recievers always get compared to Wes Welker doesn't mean that comparing Hillis to Alstott is racist.

Hillis was a tailback in college. Alstott NEVER played tailback. So I still fail to see any comparison whatsoever. Quit trying to backtrack and now say 'well Hillis COULD be a fullback cus he's big n white'. No, he's a running back. Why in the world would you make such an effective runner in a lead blocker? Dumb dumb dumb. They're running styles aren't even similar. If anything, I'd compare Hillis to an Eddie George type. But, I know that's probably hard for you to comprehend because they aren't the same color.

I'm not f**king backtracking dude. HE PLAYED FULL BACK IN THE NFL PRIOR TO GOING TO CLEVELAND. FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS OF HIS CAREER, HE WAS A FULL BACK. WHAT THE f**k PART OF THAT IS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND? You don't need to always be a condescending jerk to people to get your point across, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO A PLAYERS COLLEGE CAREER TO TRY TO PROVE SOMEONE WRONG.

Why in the world would you make such an effect runner a lead blocker? I don't know, go ask 2 TIME SUPERBOWL WINNING COACH MIKE SHANAHAN. That was his decision obviously, not f**king mine.

Speakin' of white dudes.......

anybody got a gif of that Detroit Lions 3rd string qb doing the dougie?

That was full of lulz
Originally posted by redrathman:
Um Peyton Hillis?

Yes please
Whitehead is small, and scrawny, but Tom Brady makes him look good.

Whitehead is a great blocker and great receiver.
White rb's will always be compared to other white rb's.

Just like black qb's always draw comparisons to other black qb's.

Pretending race has no part in that is foolish.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Whitehead is small, and scrawny, but Tom Brady makes him look good.

Whitehead is a great blocker and great receiver.

Whitehead? Freudian slip?
MADDEN COVERBOY
Share 49ersWebzone