There are 192 users in the forums

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Head Coach options for the 49ers in 2011: Who do you like and why?

i voted Harbaugh becuase at Stanford he uses a ball control type of offense- this way the BIG guys we have got wont be wasted in a pass type offense. He was a QB and is an offensive coach. Has been very successful everywhere (29-6 at san diego and and turned the stanford team around) he has gone and he looks like he loves coaching.
Originally posted by al49erfan:
i voted Harbaugh becuase at Stanford he uses a ball control type of offense- this way the BIG guys we have got wont be wasted in a pass type offense. He was a QB and is an offensive coach. Has been very successful everywhere (29-6 at san diego and and turned the stanford team around) he has gone and he looks like he loves coaching.

I like your reasoning! I am just leery of a college head coach. Harbaugh would be a good one though!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
I thought Gruden was hated by most of his players, iirc. I don't want that kind of coach here
Gruden.

He knows offense, and can also find defensive coaches to hold up their end of the bargain.

Not to mention, Gruden will bring in any number of QBs so that he can find the right one. Changes need to be made, and the fans are getting restless.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
I thought Gruden was hated by most of his players, iirc. I don't want that kind of coach here

Really? I don't ever recall hearing that; however, Bill Walsh was also hated by some of his players. But when you win, that's all that matters!

Bring on the HATE!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Really? I don't ever recall hearing that; however, Bill Walsh was also hated by some of his players. But when you win, that's all that matters!

Bring on the HATE!

I remember garcia saying something like that about him but i could be wrong
gruden or harbaugh. Maybe keep manusky because i dunno who else to bring in.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
if it takes Gruden off of the monday night crew.... i'm all for it.

And also drafting Andrew Luck. Everyone outside of Willis is available for trade. Muliple-picks and players.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

it just makes too much f**king sense

Seems of all the choices, Chuckie is favoured. One thing is sure, something must change -- and at this point, I don't see this team repeating what Tennessee did last season.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by znk916:
no retreads please, gimme harbaugh

Gruden flamed out in TB because he could never find a QB either

Billick lucked into a great Ravens defense and never fixed the offense, which was his background

Cowher can't bring Dick LeBeau along

An argument I've heard in defense of Gruden in TB is that they traded so many draft picks to get him that it eventually set them back.

And Harbaugh would be a noob in the nfl, I don't know what my expectations would be with another rookie HC...

The only thing that I like about Harbaugh is that he's a football mastermind which is what we ultimately need. Hey, the last coach that we hired from Stanford worked out pretty well!

But yeah, your concern is valid though. At this point, I just want a offensive HC who:
1. is going to call his own plays.
2. has his own system.

-9fA

And is going to get us a REAL QB!

We could have had Aaron Rogers....He would have gotten beat to hell behind that line, but he is a better QB than Alex will ever drean of being.

Bring on the HATE!

I remember garcia saying something like that about him but i could be wrong

I think I remember what your saying about garcia. I think Garcia was piss because he was getting benched or that the bucs don't want to pay him not sure. Can anyone clarify my memory.
Originally posted by BenQ:
why is jon harbaugh in consideration. is he falling out in baltimore?

jim harbaugh of stanford
any coach that has won an NFL playoff game as a coach.

I'm tired of hiring 1st time NFL coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone