There are 274 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If and when Raye is fired, we need to go back to the WCO.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I actually posted in another thread, that didnt we have an assitant OC, and ill be damned i knew we did.

Maybe seifert was in the building to come out of retirement and help raye with the calling.

Probably not but it could happen.

Yeah lol, get a 3-4 defensive guru to help with the offense.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I actually posted in another thread, that didnt we have an assitant OC, and ill be damned i knew we did.

Maybe seifert was in the building to come out of retirement and help raye with the calling.

Probably not but it could happen.

Seifert was in the building to prepare for The Jerry Rice tribute on Monday Night.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WestCoast:

got any coaches in mind? and the WCO doesn't fit singletarys amazing successful philosophy or "run, run, then run some more"

Sure you can run the ball effectively and play smash mouth with the WCO. And the coach I'd look to bring back is Pat Morris. With Morris we were something like top 10 in rushing 5 times. I think its time hes gotten a shot at being an OC, and he'd be right back with Rathman.
Originally posted by 190836:

mos def
Originally posted by WestCoast:

got any coaches in mind? and the WCO doesn't fit singletarys amazing successful philosophy or "run, run, then run some more"

Sure you can run the ball effectively and play smash mouth with the WCO. And the coach I'd look to bring back is Pat Morris. With Morris we were something like top 10 in rushing 5 times. I think its time hes gotten a shot at being an OC, and he'd be right back with Rathman.

i have no idea who pat morris is
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Sing is going to lose his job because of Raye. Sucks because we could of had Linehan (his first choice).

Yup

although Linehan cited family reasons for declining the job, the rumor was that he wasn't keen on Sing wanting to leave his thumbprint on the offense like the way he reeled in Martz to finish '08.

I'm a Sing backer all the way cuz he's one crazy motherf**ker, but he created this mess by settling for Raye and it's on him to clean it up sooner than later if he wants to keep his job beyond this season.

[ Edited by znk916 on Sep 14, 2010 at 20:24:56 ]
I'm laughing from disbelief. This is not the time for issues like this. Sounds like miscommunication from all parts-Totally unprofessional. Does this really sound like a football "family"?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by redrathman:

I'm in tears

too bad some of the youngins here don't get this....

LMAO such a great movie. And I was only born in 1990.

IF this is true, it is more than depressing.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 190836:

mos def

lol, that would probably mean Gruden gets back in the Bay.
Originally posted by rlott42:
  • dj43
This stuff isn't new. It was evident all last year.

There are two problems:

1. The overall offensive approach is Woody Hayes old. IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. THIS IS A PASSING LEAGUE. ALL THE RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED BY THE LEAGUE TO ENCOURAGE PASSING BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE FANS WANT. If the coaches do not focus on passing, they are giving up the one thing the league has handed them. Does Singletary OR Raye even know how to run a pass-oriented scheme? It doesn't seem like it.

2. The play calls are a series of random, unrelated events that are very basic in design and contain very little deception.

Good offensives and good play callers, ALWAYS have a series of plays the call, each one of which is designed to either expose the defense in certain formations, or set up other plays later in the game.

I have been watching quite carefully all last year and Sunday, and I see no pattern at all. There is no development of sequencing of the plays. NOTHING.

There is still enough time in the season for Singletary to demand game plans that have some PLANNING AND THOUGHT behind them. This offense, and this team, has become a national joke today. The revelations of the Cole article only confirm what any 49er fan with a modicum of knowledge of football has known for two years now.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
next year. New OC, new QB. That's all this team is missing!

I think Sing's gotta go too. We need a HC that is an X's and O's guy. It takes more than fundamentals and motivation in the league these days. You need to be creative and out-scheme you opponent. I don't think Sing and Raye are up to the task. The more I think about it, the more I want Gruden. He would bring back the WCO and a little bit of a tie to the glory years.

I completely agree. This motivating crap is garbage. We need an offensive minded head coach. If I'm Jed, I'm callin Gruden and askin him to sit tight.
Share 49ersWebzone