LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 281 users in the forums

Bill Cowher's Wife Passes Away at 54!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quote:
Bill Cowher's wife, Kaye, passes away at 54

Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2010 12:39 AM ET

We're stunned this evening to learn, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, that Kaye Cowher, the wife of former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, has died at the age of 54.

Per Bouchette, Kaye Cowher had been battling skin cancer. The duration of the condition isn't known; there had been no prior reports of any health issues, and no rumors that Mrs. Cowher had been ill.

Bill Cowher resigned as coach of the Steelers after the 2006 season, a year after the family purchased a home in North Carolina, Kaye Cowher's home state.

Pursued by the Browns and the Jets after the 2008 season and by the Bills last year, Cowher remains at the top of the "A" list for coaching vacancies.

The Cowhers have three daughters -- Megan, Lauren, and Lindsay. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cowher family.

LINK HERE
[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM ]

R.I.P. Kaye Cowher
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

WTF?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

WTF?

x2

I feel awful for the three kids.
That really sucks My Condolences go out to the Cowher Family...
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

WTF?

x2

I feel awful for the three kids.

I don't honestly mean that but Borat just came to mind... but yes in all seriousness I hope Bill Cowher is able to cope through this dark period and be there for his kids who will truly need him on a level far greater then finances...
RIP Lady

Dude, you just brought some evil karma upon yourself for that one.

Man, I just couldn't imagine.
f**k. RIP. :(
Very sad. RIP
this is F'd up for sure

I always remember when Cowher lost in the Super Bowl against Dallas....him walking to his family kissing his crying daughters telling them everything is ok.......

I'm sure he took time off to spend time with his family...but this is still horrible....you have people cheating on their wives (who are clearly not ready to be married in the first place)....women using their husbands for money, fighting over child custody just mainly for money....and all this BS....but then you have a family like the Cowhers who lost a supporting wife and mother of 3 girls too early.....

life is f'd up.
RIP
Share 49ersWebzone