There are 181 users in the forums

Latest ESPN blog: experts say McNabb = Superbowl for 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wow, the latest ESPN blog on McNabb and the 49ers quotes a number of "experts" as saying McNabb could take 49ers to the Superbowl! Also says they are missing the boat on evaluating their own talent at QB and they should try to get McNabb. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/16227/not-so-final-words-on-mcnabb

[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 29, 2010 at 13:39:59 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hell yah, do it.
Top contenders in division, yes. They didn't mention a SB, calm down.
Good grief. Suddenly the word "expert" has become meaningless
He could not win a SB with the eagles , no way could he win one in SF.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

"Put McNabb in that lineup and the 49ers become the overwhelming favorites in the division and a Super Bowl contender."

isn't anybody else concerned that IF McNabb comes here, how will he adjust to the offensive system?
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Quote:
Mark Eckel, Times of Trenton: "Put McNabb in that lineup and the 49ers become the overwhelming favorites in the division and a Super Bowl contender."
Mike Lombardi, National Football Post: "More mistakes are made by organizations incorrectly evaluating their own teams and counting on the wrong players. This is called a 'convenient truth' that allows teams to believe something is true and failing to address the problem. Ask any quality NFL talent evaluator about the 49ers and he’ll tell you they need offensive line help and a quarterback. But the 49ers don’t see QB as a need, which is convenient for them."
Adam Schefter, ESPN: "Put McNabb on the 49ers roster and they become instant favorites to win the NFC West and as formidable as anyone in the NFC."
Carl Steward, Oakland Tribune: "With Kurt Warner now retired, the 49ers already seem to believe they're the heir apparent division champs by default. They may be right, but while minimal changes could get them an NFC West title, it won't get them anywhere near a Super Bowl. McNabb could change that."
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

"Put McNabb in that lineup and the 49ers become the overwhelming favorites in the division and a Super Bowl contender."

contender, not in the SB. i meant to say they didn't mention in a SB. my brain was moving faster then my hands

isn't anybody else concerned that IF McNabb comes here, how will he adjust to the offensive system?

I think that is the point everyone is missing. McNabb has played in a West Coast offense his whole career. It might be difficult to him to transition to a new offense, and his success is not a slam dunk.
Originally posted by wwrivers:

I think that is the point everyone is missing. McNabb has played in a West Coast offense his whole career. It might be difficult to him to transition to a new offense, and his success is not a slam dunk.

seriously. If we were a WCO team, i'd be all for this.
We don't run the West Coast Offense anymore. We all don't know how effective McNabb will be. It won't be the same.
~ He's not coming here.
~ Our O Line is not fixed yet.
~ We aren't going to the SB even if he does come.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wwrivers:

Any O you put McNabb and Smith in, McNabb > Smith.

[ Edited by pd24 on Mar 29, 2010 at 13:44:27 ]
Share 49ersWebzone