LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

Why not go for Logan Mankins in FA

Shop 49ers game tickets
To my knowledge NE has not franchised or tagged Logan Mankins, so he would a a FA come Thursday night. I would rather commit a 5 year contract to him than Davis Baas. He also went to fresno state, so he might give preference to a California team.
Originally posted by 9erred:
To my knowledge NE has not franchised or tagged Logan Mankins, so he would a a FA come Thursday night. I would rather commit a 5 year contract to him than Davis Baas. He also went to fresno state, so he might give preference to a California team.

Mankins is a restricted free agent.
so do you know his tender? Is it a second? I'd pull the trigger on the proven star in a heartbeat..
  • NickV
  • Veteran
It's possible, but not likely, that NE wont tender him thus making him a unrestricted fa.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
They're letting Neal go, no way do they let half their Oline leave at once. They aren't stupid you know.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
so do you know his tender? Is it a second? I'd pull the trigger on the proven star in a heartbeat..

The deadline is March 4th.

It's likely the Patriots will tender Mankins at the highest level, meaning first and third round picks will be required to sign him.
Originally posted by redrathman:

It's likely the Patriots will tender Mankins at the highest level, meaning first and third round picks will be required to sign him.

Thanks for the info. If that's the case....I'd rather draft Lupati at 17. He'd be younger, cheaper, and has a ton of upside. If we could get mankins for a 2nd tho....I'd make that trade in a heartbeat! We could go OT @#13, Safety or DL with 17, and have our franchise LG already in place in this scenario. That would be a SOLID offseason before/if we add a free agent or 2.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Mankins is a restricted free agent.

Thanks for the info. If that's the case....I'd rather draft Lupati at 17. He'd be younger, cheaper, and has a ton of upside. If we could get mankins for a 2nd tho....I'd make that trade in a heartbeat! We could go OT @#13, Safety or DL with 17, and have our franchise LG already in place in this scenario. That would be a SOLID offseason before/if we add a free agent or 2.

Who is this Lupati guy you speak of. I don't know of any prospects in this coming draft with that name.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Who is this Lupati guy you speak of. I don't know of any prospects in this coming draft with that name.

You know Mike Iupati, OG from Idaho? OOps I must've mistook him for his retarded cousin. Mikey Lupati. Check out his 40 yard dash!

OKAY, I couldn't resist....you see the guys in the background ,left in the dust, in my pic? Well the blur on the left is Haden!
Patriots | Mankins receives highest tender
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:40:04 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the New England Patriots have assigned the first-round and third-round tender offer to restricted free-agent OG Logan Mankins.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2#ixzz0hFj61Pvk
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Comment (0) Tweet me!

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the New England Patriots have assigned the first-round and third-round tender offer to restricted free-agent OG Logan Mankins.

do it.

uses our first for a proven guy, a guy from the valley, and he wont be a project.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Comment (0) Tweet me!

do it.

uses our first for a proven guy, a guy from the valley, and he wont be a project.

Signing Mankins would mean not only losing the 13th and 88th selections in this April's draft, but also shelling out a bonus in excess of $20,000,000. The draft is thick with guards; signing Mankins would likely mean losing out on the opportunity to re-sign Willis, Lawson or Davis within the next few years.
And to think the only reason we got Baas was because the patriots selected Mankins with the pick just before us... (I think)
Share 49ersWebzone