LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Vernon Davis getting shafted in voting

Shop 49ers game tickets
Thank you NFL for letting the uneducated fan base vote. Looks like Gonzalez is leading the voting even though Davis leads all NFC tight ends in yardage and touchdowns. The only thing Tony has on Vernon is 4 more receptions. Give me a break.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its probably better for the niners that he dont make it. Resigning him will be a little cheaper. The could say that hey we cant pay you pro bowl money because you never made the pro bowl .
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
Thank you NFL for letting the uneducated fan base vote. Looks like Gonzalez is leading the voting even though Davis leads all NFC tight ends in yardage and touchdowns. The only thing Tony has on Vernon is 4 more receptions. Give me a break.

Ignoramus folks voting on past reputation means Witten will get a lot of votes, too. BTW, here are the current NFC Tight End stats.
fan voting is only 1/3 of the pro bowl voting. i was anticipating he wouldn't get the fan vote but i'm hoping the coaches and players vote him in.

last year i believe Lofa Tatupu got the fan vote, but Willis got voted in as the starter by the coaches and players.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Ignoramus folks voting on past reputation means Witten will get a lot of votes, too. BTW, here are the current NFC Tight End stats.

jason witten only has one touchdown

if he gets voted in before davis i will be pissed
It will be a sad day if anybody gets in over Davis.

-9fA
  • titan
  • Veteran
That's Bull*****! Let's get him in the pro bowl, give him the ball against Seahawks.
Cedric Benson is getting more votes than CJ.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Vernon Davis will make the pro bowl, but he might not start.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Isn't fan voting only one part of the Pro Bowl selection process? Can't Davis' peers vote him in?

i think it's a given for gonzales.. kinda like shaq making an all star game.. since he's always been there

vernon mos def deserves to be there though
I've never understood the "FAN VOTING 1/3" thing. It just seems absolutely stupid to me. Fans vote on past reputation and large markets have a bigger fan base and thus a big advantage in voting compared with smaller markets.

Coaches and players know who is good. It should be 1/2 and 1/2 coaches and players voting and fans can go to the game but not vote.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I've never understood the "FAN VOTING 1/3" thing. It just seems absolutely stupid to me. Fans vote on past reputation and large markets have a bigger fan base and thus a big advantage in voting compared with smaller markets.

Coaches and players know who is good. It should be 1/2 and 1/2 coaches and players voting and fans can go to the game but not vote.

the fans should have a vote on the starters. then the team is filled by coaches and players.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

the fans should have a vote on the starters. then the team is filled by coaches and players.

i think the players/coaches should vote on who the pro-bowlers are after the season is over. then during the playoffs the fans vote on who the starter is among those players.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 2, 2009 at 1:47 AM ]
it is a popularity contest...
Share 49ersWebzone