LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

UPDATE: Larry Johnson to be released for twitter comments

Shop 49ers game tickets
He'd do well on a team like the Patriots. He is 29 years old though.

-9fA
Originally posted by Archie:
I don't know Todd Haley but if what Johnson said is true then I am amazed at all the debate we had years ago about minority coaches and this guy never even played the game of football!!! Obviously the standard for who is qualified is different for certain people. I would love to be an NFL head coach and I am sure many others on this blog would like that job too so I think more of us should be amazed Haley got that far having never played the game of football. I am amazed! Larry Johnson is immature by the way, but can you imagine how many NFL assistants have actually played the game at least thru college yet will never become a head coach. You have to be in denial to not at least think about that.

There have been a ton of extremely successful coaches who never played the game. Its not like the guy doesnt have experience. He learned from the best (Parcells) for many years and coached one hell of a productive offense last year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Larry Johnson is basically the Stephon Marbury of the NFL.

I'd stay far away from him. We don't need him around our locker room.
Since Singletary has become our coach, honestly I don't care what sort of track record someone has. If the guy has a problem, Singletary will beat it out of him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
id take LJ over Coffee anyday

Right now yes. Two years down the line maybe.
lol

a guy throwing homosexual slurs would be a perfect fit in San Francisco

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

I'd take him at the league minimum in a heartbeat. We all know he wouldn't pull that sh!t on Sing. Besides, WTF can he say about him anyway? All is comments were basically calling out Haley for not being a guy like Sing. He was a dipsh!t for saying something like that. I'm just sayin'.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

I'd take him at the league minimum in a heartbeat. We all know he wouldn't pull that sh!t on Sing. Besides, WTF can he say about him anyway? All is comments were basically calling out Haley for not being a guy like Sing. He was a dipsh!t for saying something like that. I'm just sayin'.

True he can't be worse than Coffee at this point. plus it will only be a 1 year contract or until the end of the year. If one guy can handle him it sure will be Coach Singletary.
Everyone is knocking on Coffee when Gore has not looked so great either with our run blocking and play calling
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Everyone is knocking on Coffee when Gore has not looked so great either with our run blocking and play calling

This is easily the worst run blocking team in the NFL.

Originally posted by teeohh:
Who would pick him up?

thinking...

thinking...

thinking...

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This is easily the worst run blocking team in the NFL.

Well, us and KC, surprise surprise.
Larry Johnson was great when the Chiefs OL featured 4 pro bowlers and two potential HOF'ers. That OL made L.J. Now their OL sucks and (surprise, surprise) so does he.

And this twitter thing isn't his first f*ck up. He's made stupid comments in the past and even taken swings at fans.

I don't want him. Our OL isn't much better than the Chiefs, so there is no reason to think he'd even do well here. He's not good on the field and trouble off it.

Having said that, somebody will sign him if he's not suspended for the remainder of the year. Somebody desperate for a RB or somebody desperate for a spark. Basically any team with 2 or fewer wins is a possible landing spot.
Twitter really exposes how self centered and immature people are. Haha. I hate Twitter
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol

a guy throwing homosexual slurs would be a perfect fit in San Francisco

.....Hearst?
Share 49ersWebzone