LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Patriots LB Mayo Out 6-8 Weeks +

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12216511

Can't help their playoff/super bowl run chances.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Its time for the Patriots to step down as the best team in football. Not replying to the Mayo injury just the Patriots in general.
Yeah, my heart really aches for the Patriots now...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

It doesn't look like they have much of a run game or care to run but I guess as long as they have Brady and Moss they will be alright. Their defense is fading but had to sooner or later with all those older players. Wilfork is free agent this year so I hope they don't tag him because they have a couple other guys in the wing.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
too bad
Pats D is going to suffer this year. Bruschi retired, Seymour was traded and now Mayo is out.
Thats going to kill my dynasty team
I wouldn't be too worried about their defense. They drafted three guys in the second round last year and they were all on defense.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I wouldn't be too worried about their defense. They drafted three guys in the second round last year and they were all on defense.

-9fA

Yeah but now they have lost Mayo, Bruschi, and Seymore. Those are impact players.
It looks like the Patriots are coming back down to Earth. They already have problems on defense and Mayo being out only add to their problems. I can't say I'm too sorry for them though.
Trading Seymour hurt there defense a lot. No Mayo will hurt them also. On top of that they appear to have a less then stellar secondary.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Pats D is going to suffer this year. Bruschi retired, Seymour was traded and now Mayo is out.

Not to mention the recent Seymour trade and the Mike Vrabel trade to KC earlier off-season.

Rodney Harrison retirement may be a good thing. He was over the hill.
Share 49ersWebzone