There are 192 users in the forums

Jim Hostler "my biggest coaching mentor was Jimmy Raye"

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://49ersnews.com/2009/01/jimmy-raye-wait-what/

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coaches/Jim_Hostler.aspx

I can see the resemblence in the two guys offensive schemes and playcalling

W T F!!!!!!

Why did I purchase Sunday Ticket?[/b]
I don't get the connection. Perhaps you could explain it for the benefit of us village idiots.
Wasn't Hostler's playcalling run, run, draw on third and long?
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I don't get the connection. Perhaps you could explain it for the benefit of us village idiots.

Raye gave Hostler his first NFL head coaching job when Raye was OC with the Chiefs and hired Hostler as an offensive assistant. Hostler also worked with Raye on the Jets. Hostler has come out a few times (once when he was hired as 49ers OC) and said Jimmy Raye was his biggest mentor in coaching and the guy he learned the most from.

Hostler spent some years in Kansas when Ray was the OC and then followed Raye to the Jets.

At least that's what this village idiot got out of those links.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Hostler spent some years in Kansas when Ray was the OC and then followed Raye to the Jets.

At least that's what this village idiot got out of those links.

Hostler has credited Raye as being his mentor a few times.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Makes sense, the offense looks just as dreadful.
oh crap, that's not good...

Originally posted by A-R-S:
Makes sense, the offense looks just as dreadful.

I couldn't agree more. Unless something changes in the next week, we are going to wish we still had Martz. Right now the offense looks like something from high school.
Mike Martz had this offense moving the ball, esspecially late last season. Imagine how this team would look with another year in Martz's offense?

I think the decision by Singletary to fire a good, established OC like Mike Martz and replace him with Jimmy Raye, is one that may haunt him and cost him his NFL coaching career.
It doesn't matter who his mentor. Sometimes the student just isn't a good learner. Walsh was donahoe's mentor :(
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Mike Martz had this offense moving the ball, esspecially late last season. Imagine how this team would look with another year in Martz's offense?

I think the decision by Singletary to fire a good, established OC like Mike Martz and replace him with Jimmy Raye, is one that may haunt him and cost him his NFL coaching career.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Quote:
Jim Hostler "my biggest coaching mentor was Jimmy Raye

Share 49ersWebzone