Jim Hostler "my biggest coaching mentor was Jimmy Raye

I'm gonna wait to hold my judgment.

-9fA
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jayb49er:
oh crap, that's not good...
And

Just because your heavily influenced by someone doesn't mean you're going to duplicate them. Mangini, Crennel, McDaniels, Weiss all come from the Belichik coaching tree. Not so much success there.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Mike Martz had this offense moving the ball, esspecially late last season. Imagine how this team would look with another year in Martz's offense?

I think the decision by Singletary to fire a good, established OC like Mike Martz and replace him with Jimmy Raye, is one that may haunt him and cost him his NFL coaching career.

I guess in retrospect, we should have fired Nolan and promoted Norv after the 2006 season.

To have 20/20 vision if only we had made that move.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I said that Jimmy Raye would get Mike Singletary fired and I stand by that.

I am still shocked that we fired Martz.
I still say Martz wanted out. So he and Coach figuered firing would get Martz out the door without strings and a nice severence toboot.

Just cause Hostler worked for Raye means jack squat. While H. might attribute his education to Raye doesn't mean he learned anything.

Raye will be fine.
Originally posted by kingairta:
I still say Martz wanted out. So he and Coach figuered firing would get Martz out the door without strings and a nice severence toboot.

Just cause Hostler worked for Raye means jack squat. While H. might attribute his education to Raye doesn't mean he learned anything.

Raye will be fine.

Martz did not want out. He specifically said that, and also said that was surprised he got fired.
well.... there were sub-par coaches under the Walsh coaching tree.
Share 49ersWebzone