LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Guys we pass on in the draft thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Brown, Sintim, Kruger, and Orakpo all looked pretty solid in there 1st games. Sintim looks a lot bigger than i though he was. and the skins are using Orakpo as OLB in there 4-3 except obvious passing downs where he'll be the DE.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Brown, Sintim, Kruger, and Orakpo all looked pretty solid in there 1st games. Sintim looks a lot bigger than i though he was. and the skins are using Orakpo as OLB in there 4-3 except obvious passing downs where he'll be the DE.

I must have been watching a different game because Everett Brown was getting owned when I was watching him. Sintim did look really good, however.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Clint Sintim, Everett Brown, David Veikune, Jarron Gilbert, William Moore, Fili Moala, Kevin Barnes, Quinn Johnson, Mike Teel and Brannon Sutherland.

I like our draft overall, but I would've selected Mike Teel or Quinn Johnson over Nate Davis.
Originally posted by Born49R:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I must have been watching a different game because Everett Brown was getting owned when I was watching him. Sintim did look really good, however.

I thought he looked aggressive and had decent push. He lost most of the battles but that's how it goes for rookie DE's. He does appear to be undersized, but he did get a few pressures and a sack. so for a 1st game i would say he looked good. Going forward i do see him having problems with 1st string tackles.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Clint Sintim was a beast in his first pre season game.

I wouldn't mind having drafted him. He's got good size too. He's like a replica of Umeniora.(?)
It's still a shock to me that we didn't come away with a pass rusher or an OT. I like our draft, but with Crabtree's antics I'm starting to wish it was something like this:

1st - Oher
2nd - Brown or Sintim
3rd - Sidbury
4th - best RB (quite possibly still Coffee)

pass rush = solved = top 10 (possibly top 5) D
right tackle = sovled

I hope Crabtree comes in and shows me how stupid this post is. But until then...
Brown had two tackles, one sack in his 1st preseaon game against the Giants. His sack came in the 3rd quarter agains the 2nd team. I hope passing on Brown does not come back to bite the 9ers.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Brown had two tackles, one sack in his 1st preseaon game against the Giants. His sack came in the 3rd quarter agains the 2nd team. I hope passing on Brown does not come back to bite the 9ers.

I think we passed on him twice too.
Originally posted by Adman:
Clint Sintim was a beast in his first pre season game.

I wouldn't mind having drafted him. He's got good size too. He's like a replica of Umeniora.(?)

He was a true 3-4 OLB and would of transitioned to us easily.
Brown had a sack/force fumble in game two.

Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Brown had a sack/force fumble in game two.

Too add to that Orakpo and Kruger both had good second games also. Oher is doing a good job for the Ravens also.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

i doubt it will next year we get a better passrusher with that pick or mays or berry
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
i kinda wish we woulda took sean smith cb utah who went to miami in the 2nd round he is 6'4 and is practicing with the first team looking beastly......we coulda had him in the second
Desean Jackson last year
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'll wait till the actual season starts. Some teams are resting their best guys, offenses are not on the same page yet, and many vets who are penciled in as starters are just going through the motions.

When the real s**t starts, only then we can know how we missed out on. Btw, did Orakpo play LB in 4-3??? Someone told me he did...WTF?!?
Share 49ersWebzone