There are 215 users in the forums

Please Help Me Understand This!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Redz
  • Info N/A
Hey I was just wondering if the players have any say in how much they want to get paid or is that all up to the player's agent? If I was a player and loved football as much as these guys supposedly do, I wouldn't be worrying about how much more another player is making especially since I know I'm gonna get paid millions of dollars so what is there to complain about really? You're living the life many wish they could. This is just something I don't really understand, if somebody could help me understand it better that would be great. Thanx
No they have to do what the agent says or they go to their room without milk and cookies.

Let's see, they are the ones with the talent, the drive, and hopefully the education to make informed choices.

The agent get's a cut of whatever they sign for, so it's in their best interest to drive the price up.

However, since it is the player signing their name to the contract they do have final say in the matter.
  • Redz
  • Info N/A
thanx man
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Also keep in mind that when talking millions of dollars you tend to lose focus on the subtle difference between 20 mill and say 21 mill. But....a million dollars more is a lot more money. Even negotiating for an extra $250,000 is worth it.

Wouldn't you want $250,000?

At the end of the day or your career....there is no more football, so why not try and get as much money for your financial future as possible.
Originally posted by Adman:
Also keep in mind that when talking millions of dollars you tend to lose focus on the subtle difference between 20 mill and say 21 mill. But....a million dollars more is a lot more money. Even negotiating for an extra $250,000 is worth it.

Wouldn't you want $250,000?

At the end of the day or your career....there is no more football, so why not try and get as much money for your financial future as possible.

and this is why i do not judge a player who wants his pay day. the ones i will judge though are the type that want every penny they can get, but wnat a winning team.
Share 49ersWebzone