LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The cases for and against Tony Ugoh

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I still think it was a mistake. It's one thing for a perennial playoff contender to make that risk, but we weren't that. McCoughlin should be thanking the stars that we won a couple of meaningless games in weeks 15 and 16 otherwise he would be known for trading away his shot at Matt Ryan.

That being said the pick panned out for us so all is forgiven.

The FO is still hoping for Alex Smith to pan out so they likely would not have drafted Ryan to begin with.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I still think it was a mistake. It's one thing for a perennial playoff contender to make that risk, but we weren't that. McCoughlin should be thanking the stars that we won a couple of meaningless games in weeks 15 and 16 otherwise he would be known for trading away his shot at Matt Ryan.

The FO is still hoping for Alex Smith to pan out so they likely would not have drafted Ryan to begin with.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Nolan was done with Alex by the end of the 2007 season. Then again if had the 3rd pick in 08 we might of fired Nolan. Who knows what would have happened. All I know is us fans would want McCoughlin's head on a plate right now.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Nolan was done with Alex by the end of the 2007 season. Then again if had the 3rd pick in 08 we might of fired Nolan. Who knows what would have happened. All I know is us fans would want McCoughlin's head on a plate right now.

That is true and I agree Scott would be in the fans doghouse. Personally I think we would have been looking at Dorsey (had we switched to a 4-3), Ellis, Clady, Albert & Gholston as our picks. Had we passed on Ryan it's very possible Scott would not be our GM right now.
Share 49ersWebzone