There are 203 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

. JaMarcus Russell makes Ryan Leaf look like a Hall of Famer.

Do not get caught up in the hype that Russell's game-winning drive against the Chiefs is some sort of sign that he's a competent NFL quarterback. He's not.

Never in my life have I seen QB play as bad as I witnessed from Off-The-Marcus Russell. From his demeanor, body language and the way he trotted off the field after every Oakland three-and-out series, Russell looked nothing like an NFL quarterback last week.

Until his game-winning drive, Off-The-Marcus had completed three of 17 passes for 42 yards. He missed countless open receivers. He never once read a defense. Despite being as big as most left tackles, Off-The-Marcus never threatened to tuck the ball and run.

He got lucky at the end of the game. The Chiefs softened their defense and the refs bailed him out with a questionable late-hit call.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10119548/NFL-Truths:-Brady-will-always-hear-the-footsteps
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He has to be the worst starting QB in the NFL, who could be worse?
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:
Hey guys does anyone know his completion percentage in LSU when the raiders drafted him. Does anyone else think his eyes are cross eye that's the reason why he sucked so bad.

Its sad, the guy is still very much revered at LSU and is ranked up there with some of the greatest LSU and SEC QB's of all time, yet he sucks in Oakland. I really dont understand why he's so bad, I mean, I watched him play in Baton Rouge for two years and he has/had all the tools to be great. maybe it's him, maybe i'ts Oakland, maybe it's the coaching, but one thing's for certain, he just isn't getting it.

Randy Moss sucked in Oakland too....

Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Hey guys does anyone know his completion percentage in LSU when the raiders drafted him. Does anyone else think his eyes are cross eye that's the reason why he sucked so bad.
Its sad, the guy is still very much revered at LSU and is ranked up there with some of the greatest LSU and SEC QB's of all time, yet he sucks in Oakland. I really dont understand why he's so bad, I mean, I watched him play in Baton Rouge for two years and he has/had all the tools to be great. maybe it's him, maybe i'ts Oakland, maybe it's the coaching, but one thing's for certain, he just isn't getting it. Randy Moss sucked in Oakland too....

the raiders were a bad situation for any young qb. their oline isnt great, they have no recievers, and hes had 2 head coaches in his first 3 years. he needs to lose about 50 pounds, and when you see the guy talk he looks like his confidence is gone and he looks demoralized. i think the best thing for him would be the raiders giving up on him and he can go catch on with a team that can mentor the guy. if he has eye problems he needs to get those fixed as well.
Originally posted by BobS:

delhomme...... maybe orton....................... then like i said earlier, a whole bunch of the backups in the league are better than him.

the only reason he got drafted #1 was because they beat up on ND in the sugar bowl. other than that, i never was impressed by him in college.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
7 for 24 109 yards.

And we complain about Shaun Hill.

Through 2 games, Shaun Hill is completing 64.2% of his passes, good for 10th in the NFL. JaMarcus is last in completion percentage completing 35.2%.

He sucks.

/thread

Thank You. I'd be going off if JaMarcus was our QB, now that's something to b***h about. What good is a strong arm if you don't know how to use it.

Lol reading on a Raiders forum and they were suggesting putting Russell in at LG

I still think he'll do better as the season goes on....but man, even I was calling for Grawtoski in that game ... the team has promise....but he is holding them back..... but they are staying the course with him.

What makes you think he'll get better as the season goes on? He looks atrocious. Inaccuracy is not something you just shake.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

delhomme...... maybe orton....................... then like i said earlier, a whole bunch of the backups in the league are better than him.

the only reason he got drafted #1 was because they beat up on ND in the sugar bowl. other than that, i never was impressed by him in college.

Delhomme, Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Russell
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Delhomme, Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Russell

haha wouldn't argue against it. but those are the only two options that i can think of.
he weighs probably more like 300

Damn.

Maybe we should've traded for Huff.

A couple rounders and Crabtree for the ex Longhorn sound good right about now.
think they can beat denver? they played well against san diego, i don't know who to pick i think it will be close
Originally posted by teeohh:
think they can beat denver? they played well against san diego, i don't know who to pick i think it will be close

i picked Oakland
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by teeohh:

i picked Oakland

same
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Watching the Raiders and the Chiefs isn't even like watching professional football. The worst part of living in SF is being stuck with having to watch the pathetic Raiders every week.

Not true. They're blacked out this week.
Share 49ersWebzone