LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Who was the bigger bust?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who was the bigger bust?

I didn't follow Carr when he was drafted, but aside from a few drives from the San Diego game a few years ago, I don't remember seeing any flashes of potential from Alex. They're both damaged goods though.
Ja-Mark-Ass Russel
Originally posted by zozell:
Ja-Mark-Ass Russel

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
We put the hopes and dreams of our franchise on Alex's shoulders, his failure hurts more.

The Texans didnt do that with Carr?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
How can you vote Carr? He got ruined by a bad O-Line, not even Joe could have survived the record setting pace Carr was on. Guy is lucky to be able to walk.

Yeah but Carr had one of the best receivers in the league and he really struggled to get him the ball. Smith was throwing to a bunch of door mats. Also Smith's development was severely hurt by injuries.

I think it's a draw.
Smith was the bigger bust. Carr was on an expansion team and had the worse offensive line in the lead. I still think both have a chance to at least be good backups in the lead for a long time.
Brady quinn and jamarcus russel.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Smith! A bust?!!! WTF, he's only 20some and has potential!

I hope this is sarcasm.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Reggie Bush

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
For niner fans its always gonna be Alex. Every time I see him all I see is failure.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Smith! A bust?!!! WTF, he's only 20some and has potential!

I hope this is sarcasm.

lol. it's sarcasm. trust me.
Why are so many posters so obessed with the amount of money Smith got and is getting paid. It isn't your money so why do you care?
Originally posted by backontop:
Why are so many posters so obessed with the amount of money Smith got and is getting paid. It isn't your money so why do you care?

amazing.

oh I don't know. maybe a little something called the salary cap?

Look at all the QB's who have been aqcuired since Alex Smith. What do they have in common? CHEAP. And why did the 49ers have to look for only cheap QB's?

[ Edited by danimal on Oct 2, 2009 at 15:52:11 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Awww, i read has and not was

Dammit
Share 49ersWebzone