LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

The JTO WTF Statistic Tracker Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
For all the good things JTO has done, he's also had a few of these.

The WTF.

Things he does that make you scream 'WTF?????" whether you are watching in the stands or on TV. We ain't talking about your garden variety INT or "it wasn't his fault" type turnover. We are talking about a WTF?????????

Like that backward pass in the first exhibition game and a couple of those INTs, and that pass to Deshaun Foster that could have landed him on IR.

SO how did our man, JTO do in his first season game?

His first INT. It looked liked he had daylight to run in front of him but he passed late over the middle. I rate this INT as a .5 WTF

His first fumble. He was in the process of throwing a pass but he could have stepped up in the pocket to help himself. His "clock" to sense backside pressure is a tad off. At this point, I don't rate that as a WTF.

His 2nd fumble. Could have tucked it away? Especially after already fumbling and knowing how hard the Cardinals were coming. Borderline .5 WTF

So his stat line for game 1.

14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 1 WTF.

Upon further consensus from fellow Zone posters, we have upgraded JTO's stats"

14-20, 195 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles lost, 3 WTFs.

On to next week!

[ Edited by Bluefalcon61 on Sep 9, 2008 at 14:58:03 ]
This post should get an red *OFFICIAL* post and be pinned.

I would like to see how it turns out.
Yes, it should be made official! He had fewer WTF's than I thought he would, to be honest, but I think it would be helpful to track it. Especially to see if the WTF's increase or decrease throughout the season--and maybe we can also track the situations in which the WTF's occur so we can understand WHY they occur.

Also, I thin Blue's WTF Counting System is a fair and efficient system that should be adopted by all amateur JTO WTF counters nationwide.
LOL...this is funny. ;-)

The INT was just lack of experience. You NEVER scramble to either side of the field and throw the ball back into the MIDDLE of the field...unless your name is John Elway or Brett Favre.

Thats something he will learn from.

The first fumble was painful, but I just dunno how he could have prevented that. He was making the pass and he already has a QUICK release....that stuff just happens sometimes. I was more concerned with Joe Staley letting that happen.

The last fumble...ya...thats on JT....but the game was really over anyway.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I veto that the last fumble should be a full WTF and not a .5 on the scale! It would have done a lot for the team and the fans if JTO could drive us down and punch in a score right there, instead of fumbling.
Originally posted by Method:

I veto that the last fumble should be a full WTF and not a .5 on the scale! It would have done a lot for the team and the fans if JTO could drive us down and punch in a score right there, instead of fumbling.

I'll give ya that...but they were down by 10...even if they score, they still lose.

Yes, that fumble was on him, but it wasn't the most costly turnover of the game by any stretch.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
This post should get an red *OFFICIAL* post and be pinned.

I would like to see how it turns out.

Done. Pinned threads tend to get lost. But I made it official so it should stick.

I thought about giving that a full WTF but honestly the first thing that came out of my mouth after that 2nd fumble was "Ah...motherf**k...." instead of WTF!!!. More a feeling of resignation than disbelief. If the drive were for a game tying or winning score - I would have been screaming "WTF!!!!!!!!!"
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

The WTF.

Things he does that make you scream 'WTF?????" whether you are watching in the stands or on TV. We ain't talking about your garden variety INT or "it wasn't his fault" type turnover. We are talking about a WTF?????????

Like that backward pass in the first exhibition game and a couple of those INTs, and that pass to Deshaun Foster that could have landed him on IR.

His first INT. It looked liked he had daylight to run in front of him but he passed late over the middle. I rate this INT as a .5 WTF

His first fumble. He was in the process of throwing a pass but he could have stepped up in the pocket to help himself. His "clock" to sense backside pressure is a tad off. At this point, I don't rate that as a WTF.

His 2nd fumble. Could have tucked it away? Especially after already fumbling and knowing how hard the Cardinals were coming. Borderline .5 WTF

On to next week!

Ain't that the truth...you can't sit back 10 yards behind the LOS for 4 seconds and not step up into the pocket...I feel bad for Staley who pushed Berry 10 yards up field but still gave up a sack...that is JTO's fault.

Yeah, the last fumble should still get a WTF. He needs to learn how to move around and keep the ball against his chest.

• Jd925
  • Veteran

The WTF.

On to next week!

I like this statistic... He plays well and his accuracy is really good, but the biggest concern I had of him was these potential WTFs... and I think it's fair to give him .5 each for those couple plays... (maybe I'd give .25 for the second fumble..haha..)
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I give the first fumble a WTF cause I was yelling at the tv Watch out! Step up man! Step up! WTF you son of a…
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I give the first fumble a WTF cause I was yelling at the tv Watch out! Step up man! Step up! WTF you son of a…

lol. I was screaming the same thing, but we have the benefit of seeing what's going on behind him versus him developing his sixth sense when it's time to step up and/or get rid of the ball. If he keeps on doing this, they'll be fll blown WTFs.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

lol. I was screaming the same thing, but we have the benefit of seeing what's going on behind him versus him developing his sixth sense when it's time to step up and/or get rid of the ball. If he keeps on doing this, they'll be fll blown WTFs.

Ok JT that’s your one WTF mulligan don’t ever Fing do it again.

Think JT think 5 step drop ok got it, one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, ok time to step up, one thousand four, one thousand five WTF if you EVER get to one thousand five I’m jumping’ threw the TV and hitting you myself.
Though I dont recall any, I will watch a replay of the game tonight to see if he had any WTFs that weren't part of his 3 turnovers.
Share 49ersWebzone