There are 211 users in the forums

The JTO WTF Statistic Tracker Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Marvin49:
LOL...this is funny. ;-)

The INT was just lack of experience. You NEVER scramble to either side of the field and throw the ball back into the MIDDLE of the field...unless your name is John Elway or Brett Favre.

Thats something he will learn from.

The first fumble was painful, but I just dunno how he could have prevented that. He was making the pass and he already has a QUICK release....that stuff just happens sometimes. I was more concerned with Joe Staley letting that happen.

The last fumble...ya...thats on JT....but the game was really over anyway.

And we know of this lightning quick release how? I have yet to see it , maybe it's so fast my tired old eyes can't see it
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
LOL...this is funny. ;-)

The INT was just lack of experience. You NEVER scramble to either side of the field and throw the ball back into the MIDDLE of the field...unless your name is John Elway or Brett Favre.

Thats something he will learn from.

The first fumble was painful, but I just dunno how he could have prevented that. He was making the pass and he already has a QUICK release....that stuff just happens sometimes. I was more concerned with Joe Staley letting that happen.

The last fumble...ya...thats on JT....but the game was really over anyway.

And we know of this lightning quick release how? I have yet to see it , maybe it's so fast my tired old eyes can't see it

LOL d*mn that's fast
WTF 1st fumble / throwing motion -- My understanding of JTO was that he was remniscent of Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger with a "quick release." But several times in the game he was "carrying the ball" low for a long wind-up to the throwing motion. On the fumble, check out the slow motion replay, his wind-up dropped the ball very low in the back and was a very long stroke.

WTF?

I hope Martz works on his mechanics a bit this week to keep the ball high and tight.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This post should get an red *OFFICIAL* post and be pinned.

I would like to see how it turns out.

Yeah would be cool. I definitely smell a Smith comparison coming though
All 3 of his turnovers should be scored as WTF x 10. Scoring them as a 1/2 a WTF is absolutely ridiculous. All 3 of his turnovers were on him. Case closed. He did move the ball down the field nicely though - I liked that.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
All 3 of his turnovers should be scored as WTF x 10. Scoring them as a 1/2 a WTF is absolutely ridiculous. All 3 of his turnovers were on him. Case closed. He did move the ball down the field nicely though - I liked that.

Oww...cut the "kid" some slack. It's his first NFL start ever.

Next game though, kid gloves come off.
I count the first fumble as full WTF, just because he waited way, way too long to step up. Really poor pocket presence on that one.

But overall, I gained a bit of confidence in JTO on Sunday.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I count the first fumble as full WTF, just because he waited way, way too long to step up. Really poor pocket presence on that one.

Even though it was also confirmed that the route was a post corner route and those generally take longer? He had to wait until Bruce made his break to throw it.

[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 9, 2008 at 12:23:07 ]

Even though it was also confirmed that the route was a post corner route and those generally take longer? He had to wait until Bruce made his break to throw it.

Which is why he should have stepped up in the pocket.

What was your "50 yard line seats" take on the O Line?

Very true. We can include it in the WTF.

Sounds like someone had a lil too much at the tailgate.
I had a couple of fellow 9'er fans over to watch the game Sunday.... it was a unanimous WTF! shout on that interception! JT threw directly to the coverage in the zone... no read of the D at all! That was definitely a WTF moment!

Love this thread!!!
So, is it official that we have 3 WTFs?

Now how does that add up with the good parts of his play?
So, is it official that we have 3 WTFs?

Now how does that add up with the good parts of his play?

Adds up to 13 points when we could have had more.

INT came at midfield after a couple of good runs by Gore and Foster.

1st Fumble came in Cardinal territory mid-deep (in FG range) after a great return by Rossum and a great deep pass to VD

2nd fumble came on first play of what should have been a first chance to see JTO go into 2 minute drill mode

2 steps forward - 3 steps or WTFs back!
Share 49ersWebzone