There are 152 users in the forums

Your DO NOT DRAFT list

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by krizay:
My do not Draft

Zach Kuntz, TE, ODU
Jaylon Jones, CB, TAMU
Jammie Robinson, S, FSU

I get the Kuntz choice. What's wrong with Jones and Robinson in your opinion?

What's wrong with Kuntz, (other than his name sounds like cu*ts)

He's not a good blocker now but is he soft? No tough enough?

Is he worth a 5th?
Kuntz is too much of a receiving tight end for me. Plays out wide or in the slot as a big WR. I think his absolute ceiling is Mike Gesicki. But even the Dolphins were trying to trade him and limited his play at times because he doesnt fit the scheme that well. Obviously we run a similar offense, and need an inline tight end that can block.
My do not Draft

Zach Kuntz, TE, ODU
Jaylon Jones, CB, TAMU
Jammie Robinson, S, FSU

They should draft all 3
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Kuntz is too much of a receiving tight end for me. Plays out wide or in the slot as a big WR. I think his absolute ceiling is Mike Gesicki. But even the Dolphins were trying to trade him and limited his play at times because he doesnt fit the scheme that well. Obviously we run a similar offense, and need an inline tight end that can block.

I think for a second TE that's fine for now. He can work on the blocking part. I don't think I want him in the 3rd when Will Mallory or Cameron Latu can be had in the 5th or 6th though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
My do not Draft

Zach Kuntz, TE, ODU
Jaylon Jones, CB, TAMU
Jammie Robinson, S, FSU

They should draft all 3

NFLN has Jammie Robinson in their top 5 for Safeties, I dunno I agree with krizay on this one. When I watch him I see a lot mis tackles, I don't think I'd take him until the 6th or 7th round.
My do not Draft

Zach Kuntz, TE, ODU
Jaylon Jones, CB, TAMU
Jammie Robinson, S, FSU

I get the Kuntz choice. What's wrong with Jones and Robinson in your opinion?

Yeah I agree with Kuntz. The measureables are sweet. I don't see any of it on film.

I haven't watched Jones so no opinion there. Love me some Robinson. He's an alpha dog and plays with a chip on his shoulder. He would fit in perfectly with this team. Not sure if I'm using a 3rd on him at this point and I do like another S/CB more.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
My do not Draft

Zach Kuntz, TE, ODU
Jaylon Jones, CB, TAMU
Jammie Robinson, S, FSU

They should draft all 3

NFLN has Jammie Robinson in their top 5 for Safeties, I dunno I agree with krizay on this one. When I watch him I see a lot mis tackles, I don't think I'd take him until the 6th or 7th round.

where you guys seeing all these missed tackles? I'm a FSU fan and watched quite a bit of their games. PFF has his tackle grade at 88.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by scooterhd:

I think for a second TE that's fine for now. He can work on the blocking part. I don't think I want him in the 3rd when Will Mallory or Cameron Latu can be had in the 5th or 6th though.

I mean is he even a good receiving WR? He doesn't get open at the top of his routes and he doesn't look like a hand catcher at all. I'm not drafting him until late day 3, which someone else will probably take him before that based on the upside.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
My do not Draft

Zach Kuntz, TE, ODU
Jaylon Jones, CB, TAMU
Jammie Robinson, S, FSU

They should draft all 3

where you guys seeing all these missed tackles? I'm a FSU fan and watched quite a bit of their games. PFF has his tackle grade at 88.

i didn't say anything about missed tackles. What I said is all of his highlights are just tackling. Don't see much of him making plays in coverage.
S class is kinda weird in my opinion. You got 1 guy that should go in round 1 and then 8 that may go in day 2.

Rd 1:
Brian Branch

Rd: 2-3: (draft ranking consensus order)
Antonio Johnson
Jordan Battle
J.L. Skinner
Sydney Brown
Christopher Smith II
Jammie Robinson
Ji'Ayir Brown
Brandon Joseph

Personally i like Skinner, S Brown, J Brown, and J Robinson

I'll add one to the TE discussion. I would avoid Luke Musgrave from Oregon State. Over four years he only has 47 catches for 633 yds and 2 TD's. Four years! Kid is also coming off of a knee injury in 2022. Niners would do much better with any of the Big 10 TE's in LaPorta, Strange, Durham or Schoonmaker.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'll add one to the TE discussion. I would avoid Luke Musgrave from Oregon State. Over four years he only has 47 catches for 633 yds and 2 TD's. Four years! Kid is also coming off of a knee injury in 2022. Niners would do much better with any of the Big 10 TE's in LaPorta, Strange, Durham or Schoonmaker.

Ktitle only had 48 catches, 737 yards but did have 10 TDs. In 4 years
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 14, 2023 at 10:35 AM ]
Originally posted by miked1978:
S class is kinda weird in my opinion. You got 1 guy that should go in round 1 and then 8 that may go in day 2.

Rd 1:
Brian Branch

Antonio Johnson
Jordan Battle
J.L. Skinner
Sydney Brown
Christopher Smith II
Jammie Robinson
Ji'Ayir Brown
Brandon Joseph

I think J Mart goes before a couple of those guys.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Rd 1:
Brian Branch

Antonio Johnson
Jordan Battle
J.L. Skinner
Sydney Brown
Christopher Smith II
Jammie Robinson
Ji'Ayir Brown
Brandon Joseph

I like the safety class, but it's not for everyone or every team. You have a ton of nickel/safety hybrids, and the few "true safeties" for the most part had terrible athletic testing.

Or Tucker Kraft
Share 49ersWebzone