LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Stetson Bennett

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Wow he's the next Brandon Wheeden at 26 years of age!

or kurt warner at 27

Or Chris Weiner at 29. Which happens more frequently, the Weedens or Warners?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Don't forget Jeff Garcia at 29.

But anyway, Bennett is only 25.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Don't forget Jeff Garcia at 29.

But anyway, Bennett is only 25.

26 in October.
I have no problem with him in the later rounds.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
26 in October.

Even still, we're only looking for a competent cheap backup. I can easily see him bring able to step right in if needed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Why do QBs bust in the NFL? look no further than this combine. The knock on Bennett is stature and physical "limitations".

He measured out taller than the guy going #1.
He is as accurate than the guy going #2 who prides himself on accuracy
While throwing the same MPH as the guy being talked about as the 3rd QB off the board. That of which who's calling is having a cannon.

Throw in Bennett's experience, he's as mobile as the guys i mentioned above and the fact he won the last two NCAA championships. This is the kind of nonsense that gets GMs/Coaches fired.

If he has a drinking problem he's the last player we want. We've been down that road before.

Yup if he doesn't have a drinking problem then I'd take him. I wonder if he goes higher than the 7th round??

he's gotta be worth 5th..

And I would not be upset at all if they took him in the 5th round. Personally I think Stetson Bennett is underrated, he's got everything you'd want in a top 10 pick, good arm, good pocket awareness, pretty good scrambler. If he were 6'3" 225, he would definitely be a 1st round pick. I just worry if this dude parties too much.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
And I would not be upset at all if they took him in the 5th round. Personally I think Stetson Bennett is underrated, he's got everything you'd want in a top 10 pick, good arm, good pocket awareness, pretty good scrambler. If he were 6'3" 225, he would definitely be a 1st round pick. I just worry if this dude parties too much.

We spent 3 1sts and a 3rd on a QB with a throwing problem. Spending a 3rd on a QB with a drinking problem is nothing. Kiper says he moved himself into the 4th round range over the weekend.
I'll say this about Bennett, he has complete command of the offense when he enters the huddle. He won two straight National Championships. His will to win is obvious.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

We spent 3 1sts and a 3rd on a QB with a throwing problem. Spending a 3rd on a QB with a drinking problem is nothing. Kiper says he moved himself into the 4th round range over the weekend.

You gotta point krizay!!! Okay I'd be cool if they spent a 3rd round pick on him. Lol
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'll say this about Bennett, he has complete command of the offense when he enters the huddle. He won two straight National Championships. His will to win is obvious.

So was AJ McCarron's.

Dude got arrested during the draft prep season. If he's there in the 7th let's give him a look and see if he can learn from his stupidity but this isn't a young kid being a kid. He's a grown ass man and still being stupid at a time when he should concentrate on getting drafted. I understand public intoxication isn't exactly aggravated assault or hitting a woman but it's still shows bad decision making.

The fact that he's tiny also doesn't help.

• 9moon
  • Veteran

I wouldn't draft him in the 3rd round, but I would not mind if we use a 5th on him .. developing the guy is a better idea than signing Matt or Rivers or even Johnson again... if he turns out to be Aldrunk Smith's best drinking buddy, oh well, that's on him and what's a 5th rounder... dang, we've already waisted a 3rd on Sermon and Price.. NO?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

QB room of Purdy, Lance and Bennett would be nice. See how everything shakes out and potentially move one of them at the end of next season.
I'd be okay with Bennett in the 6th-7th round, while knowing he's probably worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.

5th rounders are too valuable to JL.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Bennett or TDR in the 5th... that'll be a NICE round to take them..

The question is, who do you all rather draft if both are there?
Share 49ersWebzone