LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Stetson Bennett

Draft him and let him develop for 4-5 years.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Throwing darts!!!
If we take a QB I am all for drafting someone older with higher floor and lower ceiling. We're looking for a guy who we could put in this year and be ok with, not a project.

Bennett or Duggan make sense to me.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

He will be 30 in 5 years.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

He will be 30 in 5 years.

Jeff Garcia and Kurt Warner were about that age
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Why do QBs bust in the NFL? look no further than this combine. The knock on Bennett is stature and physical "limitations".

He measured out taller than the guy going #1.
He is as accurate than the guy going #2 who prides himself on accuracy
While throwing the same MPH as the guy being talked about as the 3rd QB off the board. That of which who's calling is having a cannon.

Throw in Bennett's experience, he's as mobile as the guys i mentioned above and the fact he won the last two NCAA championships. This is the kind of nonsense that gets GMs/Coaches fired.
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 4, 2023 at 3:33 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

all last season I tought DTR would be a good 5th rounder since Grappy's gone for sure.. then I saw more of Bennett and he just seems to have more poise in the pocket... it'll be interesting who we could end up grabbing IF both are there between the 4th or the 5th..
Why do QBs bust in the NFL? look no further than this combine. The knock on Bennett is stature and physical "limitations".

While throwing the same MPH as the guy being talked about as the 3rd QB off the board. That of which who's calling is having a cannon.

Throw in Bennett's experience, he's as mobile as the guys i mentioned above and the fact he won the last two NCAA championships. This is the kind of nonsense that gets GMs/Coaches fired.

If he has a drinking problem he's the last player we want. We've been down that road before.

Oh no, you were the Kellon Mond Stan also, werent you?

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Oh no, you were the Kellon Mond Stan also, werent you?

Hell no. As an Aggie fan I had 4 years too many of that dude
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

If he has a drinking problem he's the last player we want. We've been down that road before.

Yup if he doesn't have a drinking problem then I'd take him. I wonder if he goes higher than the 7th round??
Wow he's the next Brandon Wheeden at 26 years of age!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Wow he's the next Brandon Wheeden at 26 years of age!

or kurt warner at 27
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Yup if he doesn't have a drinking problem then I'd take him. I wonder if he goes higher than the 7th round??

he's gotta be worth 5th..
Share 49ersWebzone