LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Bryce Young-QB-Alabama

Originally posted by Waterbear:
So... are the Bears keeping Fields or drafting this kid?

draft young and convert fields to rb
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I haven't done any deep dive but I like his ability to get it downfield while on the move.. Stroud I wasn't sure of either but he looked pretty good vs UGA.. Young kinda Hurts-esqe without the bulk / physicality.

I don't want to take anything away from Hurts - he is a franchise QB no question - but young is a much more gifted "natural passer" and Hurts' bulk and physicality is a large part of why he is so successful.

Size comparisons aside, I do think he has a similar skill set to Kyler Murray, but with a better feel for the position and a better head on his shoulders, which is a scary proposition for niner fans if Seattle has a shot to draft him. In that case, we'd have to hope that the fact no one as small as him has really never succeded continues.
Seattle has no shot at him unless they move up to #1. Houston is going to draft Young if Chicago doesnt trade out of the top spot. As for the comparison to Murray.... I think they are much different. Murray needs to win with his legs because he simply isnt a great passer. Young, on the other hand, is an excellent passer who will beat you thru the air. I think the only real similarity is that they are both undersized QBS that won the Heisman

I don't see him making throws that Murray physically can't make. He's just much more poised in the pocket, has better field vision, and better feel for the position, imo. Where Murray is quick to bail and just try to out-athlete the competition, Bryce is looking down field
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I haven't done any deep dive but I like his ability to get it downfield while on the move.. Stroud I wasn't sure of either but he looked pretty good vs UGA.. Young kinda Hurts-esqe without the bulk / physicality.

I don't want to take anything away from Hurts - he is a franchise QB no question - but young is a much more gifted "natural passer" and Hurts' bulk and physicality is a large part of why he is so successful.

Size comparisons aside, I do think he has a similar skill set to Kyler Murray, but with a better feel for the position and a better head on his shoulders, which is a scary proposition for niner fans if Seattle has a shot to draft him. In that case, we'd have to hope that the fact no one as small as him has really never succeded continues.
Seattle has no shot at him unless they move up to #1. Houston is going to draft Young if Chicago doesnt trade out of the top spot. As for the comparison to Murray.... I think they are much different. Murray needs to win with his legs because he simply isnt a great passer. Young, on the other hand, is an excellent passer who will beat you thru the air. I think the only real similarity is that they are both undersized QBS that won the Heisman

I don't see him making throws that Murray physically can't make. He's just much more poised in the pocket, has better field vision, and better feel for the position, imo. Where Murray is quick to bail and just try to out-athlete the competition, Bryce is looking down field

he's got so much DOUG FLUTIE on him.. Flutie could have been a very good QB had head coaches gone out of their way to design an offense for him..

Just like Flutie, Bryce won't do CRAP if he ends up playing for a coach and an offense like DITKA's..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
too smol

The same exact height as Brees and Purdy, taller than Wilson.

Pretty sure he is going to measure out at just under 5'10"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm loving Alabama QB's in college and they're dominant AF!!! But something about them when they're in the Pro's that just makes me wanna stay away from them already.

Tua - Injury prone AF

Mac Jones - Attitude, diva problems, seems like a straight up jerk.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm loving Alabama QB's in college and they're dominant AF!!! But something about them when they're in the Pro's that just makes me wanna stay away from them already.

Tua - Injury prone AF

Jalen Hurts?
  • evil
  • Veteran

They should just draft the best running QB and run the triple option.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Jcool:

Haha truth
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tua - Injury prone AF

Jalen Hurts?

You listed One, outta….

Tua Tagovailoa
Mac Jones
Greg McElroy
AJ McCarron
i question if he's going 1 overall or 1 QB even

Richardson just ran 4.44 and jumped a 40 in vertical at 244 lbs
what happens when ppl are seeing he has a better deep ball, why would you take Young over all that
How do we know Richardson isn't the next JaMarcus Russell? There's more of a chance of him being that than Bryce Young becoming such a bust.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
How do we know Richardson isn't the next JaMarcus Russell? There's more of a chance of him being that than Bryce Young becoming such a bust.

Share 49ersWebzone