LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Jaquan Brisker S PSU

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Ben Fennell who's opinion I value with the draft has Brisker as one of his top 5 slot DBs as well.

That's big and a reason I like Pitre. Hopefully Brisker slides a bit into the 2nd so it doesn't take an arm and a leg to trade up

I like Pitre a ton, but his film is more slot stuff and blitzing vs playing 2-high single-high S having him play any of that is a projection at this point. Brisker plays it all.
I think he is the guy I want most at 61. It sucks bc he could go anywhere between 25-60
Originally posted by miked1978:
I think he is the guy I want most at 61. It sucks bc he could go anywhere between 25-60

Same
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ben Fennell who's opinion I value with the draft has Brisker as one of his top 5 slot DBs as well.

That's big and a reason I like Pitre. Hopefully Brisker slides a bit into the 2nd so it doesn't take an arm and a leg to trade up

I like Pitre a ton, but his film is more slot stuff and blitzing vs playing 2-high single-high S having him play any of that is a projection at this point. Brisker plays it all.

I actually like Pitre better in both areas. I think it's hard to isolate his play style vs what he was asked to do. That's why Kittle went so late in the draft for example… everyone assumed he could only block.

And I know I'm going to get some flack for this but I've really been diving into these SS prospects even more. Like watching all full game tapes that I can find on all of these prospects.

My new rankings are as follows:

1. Jalen Pitre
2. Cam Taylor Britt
3. Lewis Cine
4. Jaquan Brisker

I think Brisker has some limitations in coverage. And to me he is not very natural in open space compared to Pitre and Britt. I would still love to have him… but I fear he has more bust potential than the other 3.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Apr 22, 2022 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I actually like Pitre better in both areas. I think it's hard to isolate his play style vs what he was asked to do. That's why Kittle went so late in the draft for example… everyone assumed he could only block.

And I know I'm going to get some flack for this but I've really been diving into these SS prospects even more. Like watching all full game tapes that I can find on all of these prospects.

My new rankings are as follows:

1. Jalen Pitre
2. Cam Taylor Britt
3. Lewis Cine
4. Jaquan Brisker

I think Brisker has some limitations in coverage. And to me he is not very natural in open space compared to Pitre and Britt. I would still love to have him… but I fear he has more bust potential than the other 3.

Right it's still a projection though overall with Pitre. Same thing with Moore a couple years ago. We asked him to do something different then what he did in college because of his athletic ability and value of the position. Sometimes it works out great (kittle/Warner) sometimes it doesn't (Moore/Thomas).

Yeah I think the bust potential all depends on what you expect out of him and have him do. Same with a lot of these guys. Use them at what they're good at and I think they will all be good pros...some guys you still gotta figure out what it is.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Kid looked good 📈
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He's going to need to be a generational all-pro talent in year 1 to just make the Bears defense somewhat average.
Share 49ersWebzone