There are 236 users in the forums

Jaquan Brisker S PSU

GoodFootballPlayer.com
Originally posted by NYniner85:
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

honestly what would it cost to trade up? I see him going anywhere from end of the 1st all the way to us at 61
honestly what would it cost to trade up? I see him going anywhere from end of the 1st all the way to us at 61

I will not get my hopes up
i will not get my hopes up

61, 105, 187 and 2023 3rd round comp
  • krizay
  • Veteran

DO NOT TRADE UP! I love me sone Brisker as well but we need as many bullets as possible at the back end of our roster.

Kerby Joseph + what we save in a trade up is worth more than just Brisker
https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/4/14/23024848/49ers-draft-2022-trade-up-round-2

"A big leap into the late 30s is probably out of the question, but moving up ten spots or so is absolutely on the table for the 49ers.

Some kind of combination of pick 61 paired with either 93 & 105 is certainly within the realm of possibility when discussing realistic trade scenarios in a potential bid to move up the draft order. Just recently, in 2020, the New England Patriots jumped up 11 spots from 71 to 60, at the cost of sending picks 71 & 98 to Baltimore. They also netted a 4th round pick in return from the Ravens in this deal.

A pairing of pick 61 & 105 could be exactly the ammo the 49ers need to make that jump up ten or so spots. This would allow them to erase any chance of missing on a player they covet who fell into that range while also knowing even after the deal. They still would have a selection in the third round at pick 93."

Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:
https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/4/14/23024848/49ers-draft-2022-trade-up-round-2

"A big leap into the late 30s is probably out of the question, but moving up ten spots or so is absolutely on the table for the 49ers.

Some kind of combination of pick 61 paired with either 93 & 105 is certainly within the realm of possibility when discussing realistic trade scenarios in a potential bid to move up the draft order. Just recently, in 2020, the New England Patriots jumped up 11 spots from 71 to 60, at the cost of sending picks 71 & 98 to Baltimore. They also netted a 4th round pick in return from the Ravens in this deal.

A pairing of pick 61 & 105 could be exactly the ammo the 49ers need to make that jump up ten or so spots. This would allow them to erase any chance of missing on a player they covet who fell into that range while also knowing even after the deal. They still would have a selection in the third round at pick 93."

This is why I think we trade down. I don't see Pitre, Brisker, Zion Johnson, or Tyler Linderbaum falling that far. We should obtain more 3rd round picks instead of trading up.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

This is why I think we trade down. I don't see Pitre, Brisker, Zion Johnson, or Tyler Linderbaum falling that far. We should obtain more 3rd round picks instead of trading up.

I disagree, if the likes of Brisker is within 10-15 spots. Use the ammo of having nine picks to nab him.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I am so in favor of this
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I disagree, if the likes of Brisker is within 10-15 spots. Use the ammo of having nine picks to nab him.

IMO waste of ammo. You're willing to trade an RB 2 or a starting RG or Future C to take a guy who is marginally better than a guy you can take if you stand pat.

I'm just predicting they won't fall that far.

Its an entirely different question to ask what you would do if one of those players did in fact fall that far.

I'd add Kyler Gordon in that trade up group as well.
Share 49ersWebzone