LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

Christian Watson-WR-NDSU

I feel like this guy is a perfect fit and has superstar potential. The thing is that this may be a luxury pick given that he have 3 starting WRs for 2022. But I do think we need to add as many explosive weapons as possible to the offense to make Lance's first year as smooth as possible. We need a guy with 4.3 speed and he can fill that role. Wouldnt be mad if we used our late 2nd on him.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I feel like this guy is a perfect fit and has superstar potential. The thing is that this may be a luxury pick given that he have 3 starting WRs for 2022. But I do think we need to add as many explosive weapons as possible to the offense to make Lance's first year as smooth as possible. We need a guy with 4.3 speed and he can fill that role. Wouldnt be mad if we used our late 2nd on him.

It's not just the speed we need. Niners need a WR/KR and Watson has KR experience. Adding a deep threat and a KR/PR is why Watson would be most valuable. Don't ignore Calvin Austin III, Bo Melton, and Velus Jones Jr. this week at the Senior Bowl for the same reasons.
After watching burrow/jamarr tear it up. Wouldn't mind if Niners picked him for a Lance/Watson combo.
Measured shorter then all that 6'4" talk, came in at 6'1" I think. But that's common for WRs. I would love us to add him regardless
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Measured shorter then all that 6'4" talk, came in at 6'1" I think. But that's common for WRs. I would love us to add him regardless

wow thats a huge difference
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

wow thats a huge difference

I might be wrong. I recorded yesterday's practice and I swear that's what it said when showing him. But websites still show 6'4"

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2022-Senior-Bowl-rosters-measurements-weigh-in-results-182019118/Amp/
Originally posted by Alfienator:
After watching burrow/jamarr tear it up. Wouldn't mind if Niners picked him for a Lance/Watson combo.

Especially if we are planning on having Deebo in same kind of role next year as he did this year. More weapons the better for Lance & the offense for sure. Look what Bengals did for Burrow w/ Chase & more weapons for Stafford w/ Rams. Do the right thing Lynch & Shanahan!
What's his grade? Is it a reach if we pick him at our 2nd round pick? He stood out when watching trey highlights
Originally posted by gold49digger:
What's his grade? Is it a reach if we pick him at our 2nd round pick? He stood out when watching trey highlights

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/christian-watson-ndsu-wr-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Early Day 3 until he blows up the charts

This is the only one I've seen of him so far but he was Trey's trusted big boy deep threat, he may be worth more to Trey than other QBs that would utilize him
[ Edited by MoeJontana84 on Feb 2, 2022 at 7:23 PM ]
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/christian-watson-ndsu-wr-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Early Day 3 until he blows up the charts

This is the only one I've seen of him so far but he was Trey's trusted big boy deep threat, he may be worth more to Trey than other QBs that would utilize him

Agree. Chemistry is huge as demonstrated by Burrow and Chase. I would use a day 2 pick on him with zero hesitation

We already have the Lance/Aiyuk combo ready to tear it up next season.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I get that, but you could never have too many weapons.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Feb 3, 2022 at 5:34 AM ]

we run 2 Wr 2 TE and 1 rb or 2 WR 1 TE 2 RB sets pretty often

we already have 3 solid WRs. I think Deebo and Aiyuk as starters will tear it up. Any more would be on the bench

Not saying it would be a bad pick but i think i would go G or EDGE with that 2nd round pick
[ Edited by ritz126 on Feb 3, 2022 at 6:26 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:

we run 2 Wr 2 TE and 1 rb or 2 WR 1 TE 2 RB sets pretty often

we already have 3 solid WRs. I think Deebo and Aiyuk as starters will tear it up. Any more would be on the bench

Not saying it would be a bad pick but i think i would go G or EDGE with that 2nd round pick

We did still run 11 personnel almost half our snaps this yr...it wasn't like LAR who have been like 80%.

While I don't think WR will be the pick in the 2nd (I also don't think he's gonna be a 2nd rd pick either) there is room to get him on the field for sure. BA can play in the slot no problem. We do need a legit burner downfield (BA and Deebo are both fast but someone who's job is to get downfield). I like the big body as well, Lance isn't pin point accurate at this stage in his career. Plus he's a returner I believe.

I don't think we go G in the second either...secondary is in need of competition at every spot. EDGE/secondary IMO
Great idea, choose NDSU as the feeder school. Who needs Bama or LSU
Share 49ersWebzone