LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

2022 Cornerback prospects

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
McDuffie is legit. I'm not a huge fan of Gardner. Crossing my fingers Jimmy G can net us Booth

Still feel this way about Gardner? I'm a big fan. Hell I like both their CBs and would be happy with Coby Bryant later in the draft. I like reading you take on players hence the question

You know, Alabama/Saban clearly respect him and that makes me think I should respect him more. I don't think he has the athleticism to follow a teams best receiver and be left on an island in man, and so I wouldn't use a top 20 pick on him. I do think he has ability to be a high end zone corner
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
You know, Alabama/Saban clearly respect him and that makes me think I should respect him more. I don't think he has the athleticism to follow a teams best receiver and be left on an island in man, and so I wouldn't use a top 20 pick on him. I do think he has ability to be a high end zone corner

fair enough. If he can run a low 4.4 I think he is a top 20 for sure. I am avoiding watching your boy Booth. Don't need to have a draft crush on a guy who we can't get.
I've just been informed there is a CB who goes by the handle of Sauce. I want this guy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I've just been informed there is a CB who goes by the handle of Sauce. I want this guy.

yea bring this guy in. Great size for that position.
I really like Ambry. I think he is going to be one hell of a CB. Had a ton of rust but he is sticking like glue to these receivers. Only going to get better. I would feel super comfortable with him and Eman as our outside starters going into 2022. I dont think we need to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a CB. Would rather for an ER or OL.

I would say lets get mid-tier free agent signing and draft a guy in the 4th-6th round. Any sleeper CBs in those rounds that you have your eye on?
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 4, 2022 at 11:07 AM ]
i dont think it makes sense to spend draft capital on CB it would be different if we were drafting a first round prospect. I actually think if we resign everyone Verrett Moseley Thomas Williams and Lenoir is a pretty good core i would just sign a FA to prepare for a Verrett injury
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 4, 2022 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
i dont think it makes sense to spend draft capital on CB it would be different if we were drafting a first round prospect. I actually think if we resign everyone Verrett Moseley Thomas Williams and Lenoir is a pretty good core i would just sign a FA to prepare for a Verrett injury

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I really like Ambry. I think he is going to be one hell of a CB. Had a ton of rust but he is sticking like glue to these receivers. Only going to get better. I would feel super comfortable with him and Eman as our outside starters going into 2022. I dont think we need to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a CB. Would rather for an ER or OL.

I would say lets get mid-tier free agent signing and draft a guy in the 4th-6th round. Any sleeper CBs in those rounds that you have your eye on?

Id rather draft a corner. Love the idea of keeping everyone, including Verrett, but I'm also looking to keep costs down. I like the idea of another 2nd or 3rd round corner because I'd prefer to have multiple guys on the outside with starting talent (Verrett, Moseley, Thomas, 2022 Day 2 Pick) and let the best and healthiest emerge. We also have to be prepared to part with Verrett at some point. Then we have Williams and Lenoir in the slot.

As for OL, there is room for another, but right now my top concern is corner and a starting caliber edge rusher. I love our rotation of Dline guys. But looking for the Ford replacement (3rd down edge rusher).
CB is the hardest position to play in the NFL. You're going against elite athletes that knows where they going before the ball snaps. Only a few rare CBs are good enough to start in their rookie year and be successful. Assuming Jimmy G's contract is off the board. I'd try and lure the best CB on the FA market(S.Gilmore 14.5M/Yr), resign JV on a one year deal to pair him up with Gilmore. EMann can play NB and let Thomas and Lenoir continue to develop behind them. An injured JV might be a blessing in disguise, he is a lot cheaper to re-sign now than if he was healthy and played the whole season. If stayed healthy we might have an elite starting CB duo with him and Gilmore for at least one year assuming they stay healthy all season. EMann played well on spot plays at NB when he did.

Gilmore
Verrett
Moseley
Thomas
Lenoir
2022 Draft Pick (3rd-5th rd)
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I think signing Gilmore is unrealistic.
Originally posted by FL9er:

It's possible if Jimmy G's and Dee Ford's contract is off the board. With the cap salary projected to get a good jump. There should be enough to extend Bosa and sign a true #1 CB off FA. But then again it takes two to mingo.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Jan 5, 2022 at 6:11 AM ]

Originally posted by FL9er:

agreed

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ritz126:

Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Id rather draft a corner. Love the idea of keeping everyone, including Verrett, but I'm also looking to keep costs down. I like the idea of another 2nd or 3rd round corner because I'd prefer to have multiple guys on the outside with starting talent (Verrett, Moseley, Thomas, 2022 Day 2 Pick) and let the best and healthiest emerge. We also have to be prepared to part with Verrett at some point. Then we have Williams and Lenoir in the slot.

As for OL, there is room for another, but right now my top concern is corner and a starting caliber edge rusher. I love our rotation of Dline guys. But looking for the Ford replacement (3rd down edge rusher).

i wouldn't be opposed to that and that looks like a pretty good CB room to be honest. We have a round 2 and 3 pick. I would like one of the picks there to be EDGE and other CB. I want this draft to be heavily defensive because i think we could use some DL depth too with our upcoming FA (depends who we resign)

at FA i would like us to get a G (and im hoping we resign Tomlinson)
Originally posted by 49ers808:
No mention of TCU's Tre'vius Hodges Tomlinson?
He's my top candidate to replace Kwuan as our slot CB because of his small size, 5'9" maybe 180, but dude is a freaking dawg! One of my favorite CB prospects in the draft

Right on!! this is my guy too. Daniels on the other side for TCU is good as well. Nehemiah Pritchett, Auburn, is my second choice. Scheme fit, big (6'1") and fast 4.35.
Here's a sleeper pick that would give the Niners size and speed on the boundary. Someone to watch at the upcoming Senior Bowl.

One of my guys, Cam Taylor-Britt out of Nebraska, has been getting some love amongst the twitter draft crowd as of late. Big, long, explosive, and physical with plus ball skills. I've been mocking him to us on day three as a safety.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Here's a sleeper pick that would give the Niners size and speed on the boundary. Someone to watch at the upcoming Senior Bowl.

Been checking him out, would be a nice pick at least on paper. Senior Bowl will be big for him
Share 49ersWebzone