LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

2022 Cornerback prospects

Originally posted by gold49digger:
I think the Seahawks are gonna get sauce gardner...

To pair with their billion dollars in safeties
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

this would piss me of so much

With the Seahawks you never know. They go off the board alot. Watch them draft a linebacker to replace Wagner lol. Somebody like Devin Lloyd. I also think Gardner will be gone before they pick.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
what do people think of Cam Taylor Britt as a slot/S hybrid ?

One of my favorites since very early on, but I still think he's a safety all the way. Athleticism, ball skills, aggression, tackling, he really ticks the boxes. At his best attacking down hill

Agree, what round? I've seen all over the map as high R2 and low as R5. Depending on site.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
what do people think of Cam Taylor Britt as a slot/S hybrid ?

One of my favorites since very early on, but I still think he's a safety all the way. Athleticism, ball skills, aggression, tackling, he really ticks the boxes. At his best attacking down hill

Agree, what round? I've seen all over the map as high R2 and low as R5. Depending on site.

Personally, I have him as a late 4 early 5 prospect but who knows.
Stingley at 4.37. The real CB1 showing out
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Apr 6, 2022 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

this would piss me of so much

LOB is back
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by Butter:
Now that the Niners have signed Ward, what is the earliest they draft a CB?
Due to this year's depth, I could still see them targeting a depth CB in the late 3rd or 4th, especially for the slot.

I would say Marcus Jones is still in play to fill slot and KR needs if KW doesn't return, depends on if we sign an edge in FA I would say that will be taken care of first

I'd still draft 2 in round 3-4. Marcus Jones and Zyon McCollum please

I'd still draft 2 as well. One in round 3 and another on day 3. In theory, that should round us out and have us prepared if we don't resign Moseley after this season.
Quite likely we take 2 CBs. Probably using a later round pick on a potential slot CB. If thats the case, I could take a shot on Damarri Mathis.

5'11 196. Decent arm length and wing span. Fantastic athlete running a 4.39 at the combine, and 43+ vertical and 11ft+ broad jump at his pro day. Those are 98/99 percentile. Pitt has been putting out good corners recently. K'waun came from there. Mathis has lots of experience playing 1 on 1 on the outside with little help and cover 3. He's a bit over aggressive and collects his share of penalties, but I think that is mitigated playing in the slot. He is also one of the better tacklers at the position. Not afraid to lay people out. Sometimes evaluated as a safety, which I think speaks to his tackling ability. Special teams experience as well.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Quite likely we take 2 CBs. Probably using a later round pick on a potential slot CB. If thats the case, I could take a shot on Damarri Mathis.

5'11 196. Decent arm length and wing span. Fantastic athlete running a 4.39 at the combine, and 43+ vertical and 11ft+ broad jump at his pro day. Those are 98/99 percentile. Pitt has been putting out good corners recently. K'waun came from there. Mathis has lots of experience playing 1 on 1 on the outside with little help and cover 3. He's a bit over aggressive and collects his share of penalties, but I think that is mitigated playing in the slot. He is also one of the better tacklers at the position. Not afraid to lay people out. Sometimes evaluated as a safety, which I think speaks to his tackling ability. Special teams experience as well.

There we go! Yeah I'm Damarri Mathis fan for sure. He can play all over that secondary and IMO would be a ideal slot DB. He's got the mind set of a Niner. He can blitz and is good vs the run as well as being pretty sticky.

I have him as a day 3 guy we should target.

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

Qwuantrezz Knight UCLA
watching this guy over the last 2 years reminds me of k Williams. Very energetic and aggressive and great at the nickel blitz. UDFA is likely

Signing with the 49ers!! y'all are going to like this guy.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Qwuantrezz Knight UCLA
watching this guy over the last 2 years reminds me of k Williams. Very energetic and aggressive and great at the nickel blitz. UDFA is likely

Signing with the 49ers!! y'all are going to like this guy.

this guy is FEISTY !!!!!

He from our HOOD !!!
Share 49ersWebzone